Greeves Riders Association Forums   Greeves Riders Association Forums Not signed up? Send an email to contact@greeves-riders.org.uk requesting access.
Find out more about GRA membership and how to join here.

Go Back   Greeves Riders Association Forums > General forums > Projects

Old 19/02/2012, 05:55 PM
GRA Member

Default 25SA restoration

Punchy,
I'm more then happy to breathe on your motor, but only if you supplY the John Smith's or any other alcoholic beverage. Incidentally the tipple of choice is Theakstons "Old Peculiar" which just about sums up the GRA and Pre 65 membership.

A BMW twin has got plenty of air space between the barrels.

Druid
Old 19/02/2012, 07:19 PM
GRA Member

Location: bikes owned, 380 qub griffon. maico 400, 560 rotax ccm, living in north somerset

Nice one druid...hic!..
Hi rob, glad to see that you have seen the light & decided to ditch the old lawn mower lump, for something more suited!
As for jiggery pokery!, forget it, i have a very large press, its not as subtle, but the results are quicker & quite impressive..
Old 21/02/2012, 08:59 PM
GRA Member

Nice one chaps, but I don't know about letting Druid breathe on my engine, I have enough of a problem getting it through emissions as it is!
Old 04/03/2012, 12:24 AM
GRA Member

Location: Gloucestershire, UK. Bikes owned; Greeves 24TCS, Yamaha FZS1000S....and a monkey....
Wink Did someone mention emus......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADickerson View Post
I have enough of a problem getting it through emissions as it is!
You can't say I didn't try to warn you about using emu oil in your premix mate.......

Great thread Adrian, and all the best with your interesting project.

In the meantime, here's some inspiration (any excuse to post my favourite BGS pic, riding the twin, on here again!)

Brian.

PS I've heard that Theakstons 'Old Peculiar' fumes are even more volatile when combined with Druid's rolling baccy smoke....!!!
Attached Thumbnails
BGS pic 1 ORIGINAL.jpg  

Last edited by Brian Thompson; 04/03/2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Pic added.
Old 04/03/2012, 11:53 AM
GRA Member

Good to hear from you Brian and thanks for the picture. Your contributions to the site are always positive, amusing and very welcome.
As you rightly observe quite a volatile mix might result from anything that Druid exhales, sufficient to test any MOT diagnostic equipment to the limit I should think. Actually, he's been a little quiet of late, I wonder how he is?
Old 04/03/2012, 01:29 PM
GRA Member

Location: Gloucestershire, UK. Bikes owned; Greeves 24TCS, Yamaha FZS1000S....and a monkey....
Talking Vapour Blasting!

Hello mate, thanks for your kind and supportive response.

Have no fear, the Mighty Druid is still amongst us, casting his runes and keeping a watchful eye on proceedings from the ramparts. Thank goodness!

Brian.
Old 04/03/2012, 02:56 PM
GRA Member

Default Vapour blasting

Totally off topic, but what is life without humour!
You two are not showing sufficient respect to your elders. My Runes are kept in a small varnished wooden box and haven't been cast for some time. Also my ramparts are in a poor state of repair.
I will have my revenge young Dickerson, I often help Dave Harper with the lap scoring for the Greeves championship - you have been warned.
As for you Thommo, words fail me, obviously not you though. You're hijacking the forum on your own. Welcome back mate. Piss-taking is a national sport second only to Angling.

Regards, the venerable Druid
Old 04/03/2012, 03:12 PM
GRA Member

Nice one JC!!!
Old 04/03/2012, 08:01 PM
GRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
Totally off topic, but what is life without humour!
You two are not showing sufficient respect to your elders. My Runes are kept in a small varnished wooden box and haven't been cast for some time. Also my ramparts are in a poor state of repair.
I will have my revenge young Dickerson, I often help Dave Harper with the lap scoring for the Greeves championship - you have been warned.
As for you Thommo, words fail me, obviously not you though. You're hijacking the forum on your own. Welcome back mate. Piss-taking is a national sport second only to Angling.

Regards, the venerable Druid
Well, I guess it serves me right, I was after all fishing for a reply from our learned colleague, and he certainly didn't let me down. Aided by an even younger Thompson the razor like wit seems as sharp as ever, I nearly fell off my stool laughing when reading the responses, Greta thought I was having a fit.
How's that for grovelling, Mr Lap scorer (Assistant part timer).
Old 18/12/2012, 10:14 PM
GRA Member

Default 25sa

Hi Adrian,
Another thing to concider for overheating the barrels is the alloy beam that sits infront of the barrels. That is what I have been looking at on my one.

Terry Sewell