Banbury Run 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banbury Run 2016

Did the Banbury Run yesterday. 70 miles round twisty, hilly, bumpy lanes on the 1930 Scott - with tulip diagram navigation thrown in. Sailed up Sunrising Hill.

Got round OK; no problem except the speedo packed up.

Quite a challenge but great fun. I'll do it again. Shame there's no such thing as a vintage Greeves...
    Attached Files
    Colin Sparrow

Well done Colin, maybe a chase squad of Greeves next year???? Are you allowed back-up mechanics on Greeves? Maybe that's not such a bright idea...

Comment

I know you're not serious, Brian however the VMCC actually discourage accompanying riders. With 500 vintage and veteran bikes taking part they're worried that the authorities might threaten the event if there's any more.

There is a club display area at the run which might be worth thinking about though. A few clubs had made the effort.

Mind you, on the first part of the run there was a constant stream of MGs coming the other way, so one of the MG clubs must have decided to have a run through Warwickshire on Sunday. Everything from TCs to MGBs, but a bit crowded.

Anyway the Scott did the 70 miles without needing a mechanic. Even the speedo problem turned out to be simply that the gears on the front wheel had moved out of mesh
      Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 22/06/2016, 08:20 AM. Reason: Removal of superfluous words
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Yes Colin, I've seen the problems with chasing vehicles on everything from Nighttime Road Rallies to the Classic Car tours. I have also seen the pandemonium when 2 events got entangled through people following arrows for the other event! I'm glad the Scott came through with only a minor infraction!

Comment

Working...
        X