Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hairy Bikers Of Egnaro....!

Originally posted by tony View Post
    .....not sure about the ladies hairstyle, that is taking style a bit too far
    ....and there was me thinking about getting one of those for me next hairdo Tony....

bRiAn.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
      ....and there was me thinking about getting one of those for me next hairdo Tony....

bRiAn.
      Best stick wiv u`r ginger afro mate......

Comment

Higgo's Style Tips!

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
        Best stick wiv u`r ginger afro mate......
        http://www.teamjimmyjoe.com/wp-conte...air-Ginger.jpg
        Thanks mate, I'm sure you're right! It matches the colour of my distress flares and knitted tank top so well... It was those high tensile chin straps that caught my eye on the Busby's though....

bRiAn.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 05/05/2016, 08:34 AM. Reason: Silly pic attached....!

Comment

definitely a dedicated follower of fashion - sing along if you know the words

or just in case you cannot remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA5gJ0hZpCc
          Last edited by tony; 05/05/2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Kinked!

Nice one Tony!

Brian.

Comment

The badge will be black with the Greeves polished alloy, the stripes of course will be black, the correct shade naturally

Comment

with black stripe

and now with the stripe added

Comment

Nice one Tony!

I really like that Tony...reckon it works really well.

The shape and position of the stripe (to my eyes) harks back to the period the bike is from in a really cool kinda 'Dan Dare' way, while the colour defies 'convention' rather nicely, but still seems very fitting in my opinion. You only have to look at the later Griff colours (also with an eye for the US market at that time) to see that Greeves weren't afraid to experiment a bit with 'snazzy' colours (bit like Moorland Blue really, whatever that is.....aka the longest running 'Paint Experiment' in human history.....)

As I'm certain the rest of the bike will be well up to your usual high standards, I think it will all come together very well indeed. Best of all, you will have a totally unique bike and built 'with integrity' and an eye for the details. Well done for being brave and trying something different.

Good luck with the rest of the project mate, and I can't wait to see the finished job. It's gonna be "Grrrrreat".....! (old ESSO advert reference....)

Brian.
                  Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/05/2016, 04:02 PM. Reason: More words....

Comment

Gonna look good I reckon. That would be "Orsett Orange" of course.
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

When is a black shock not black?

I have bought Falcon shocks as they are usually reliable. I wanted black obviously to contrast with the orange and whilst the bottom is black the top is shiny plate? Why? I will spray the top so it matches the bottom, I need to spray the rear shock springs as well as I asked for them to be black and they came as chrome. A few words with Robin on Monday
                      on Monday

Comment

I dunno...'dem Austrians eh....

Looking good Tony!

I was pondering all things egnaro today, and made a shock discovery that I had to share with you....

Looks like The Austrians have only gone and nicked your paint scheme..... https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kt...uiVLwa28ELM%3A

I bet I know what Bert would have said.....&*^$£$%^&&*!!!! At least your bike is in the correct shade of Dnalroom Egnaro!

Mind you, there was one item that caught my eye....I might actually get a pair for myself, even though I haven't got a bike to match sadly, just for the extra egnaro...

Hope the build is proceeding well mate, and that this rubbish raises a chuckle....

Brian.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 17/05/2016, 10:50 AM. Reason: Link and pic attached.

Comment

I blame Bert Greeves, not only did he not register the company (problems that has caused) - more importantly he never copyrighted Moorland Orange before KTM nicked it for themselves.
                          When I am screaming down the road everyone will assume I am on a KTM- ready to race or what!!

Comment

Nearly ready for Somerton

The bike is nearly ready for Somerton, not to trial , just for dating.

Comment

a few more bits added

Wheels on and ready to race - well thats what the other Orange bike company say

All loaded in the van and ready for a short trip to Somerton, sleeping bag and red wine safely packed first.

The exhaust will probably be matt black, as I did not have any silver will do for the moment. Stainless steel mudguards are ready to fit.

Comment

Nice!

Coming together really nicely Tony, looks great.

Agree on the black pipe, and the polished bits will really set it all off once they're fitted. Crackin' job mate.

When you think about what you started with as well....!!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                                X