1962 mds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 mds

I achieved what I first set out to do, finish the bike so I could take it to the ABRIDGE Village show early June using the the engine parts I already had before buying the bike as in picture 1. I am now hoping to go further by making the engine as near as possible to the same spec as it left the works. I need a Greeves square alloy head & barrel or better still Villiers 36A engine 284DC2591 with which it left the Greeves factory. Wishful thinking I know but miracles do sometimes happen. It most likely parted company with the frame in the west country as it started life in Dorset & I purchased it from the tip of Cornwall. Has anybody got it lying about in their garage, workshop or shed?.The Challenger head barrel & piston will be for sale once either of above is achieved.
    Attached Files

mds

pete cant help with what you want but two things the picture of the panther 35 sport is it yours ,as pal who was a journalist a few years ago has one just like that, and i am buiding another greeves outfit this one a bit serious as i am going to have one last fling and seriously contest the 2016 acu/sammy miller championship, as so i am looking to build a trick 250 motor using bits of scrambles / trials engine , so will be looking for a complete top end plus a few other parts so if you have one availble in the future i would love to purchase it from you, many thanks , , sorry to pinch your subject i also wonder if any members are doing the beamish long distance trial in september,or will it just be riding my 58 scottish outfit like a solo as the 197 motor does not get up the hills with a passenger,it sorts out as my old pal adrian moss rides his big mettise outfit with a passenger in the chair and a pil;ion passenger as well.so between us we have two outfits and two passengers , that confuses the officials and spectators will.,

Comment

mds

i not sure what is going on but for some reason i have a picture of this panther 35 sport that appeared when i downloaded your greeves pictures ,you must think i have gone mad and i think i agree so apologies for my bit about the panther but the rest i think makes sense if not i will book myself in somewhere for treatment, will

Comment

Treatment....

Originally posted by aa will View Post
        .......if not i will book myself in somewhere for treatment, will
        ......better book me in as well Will.....!

bRiAn.

Comment

1962 mds

I am certainly not guilty of putting Panther Sport pictures on the forum. I am 78 in Nov it sounds like a Senior Moment to me & the wrong button was pushed
          Peter

Comment

Working...
          X