Honda Africa Twin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Africa Twin

As I was passing Bridge motorcycles today I thought I would pop in for some retail therapy. Having had the ready to race 990 Ktm and the silky smooth Triumph Tiger 800
    I thought I would have a look at the new kid on the block. Honda with the original Africa Twin were at the forefront of the "Traillie" development, then pulled out.
    I only had time to have a quick sit on it and a chat with one of the reps. The first noticeable thing apart from the lack of clutch lever (DCT version) on this model
    was how balanced it feels with the weight kept low. Height is just about okay for me at 5' 10" and there is a low seat available, though there is always a sacrifice on 'bum'
    comfort as the padding is thinner.
    There is an optional foot gear change for those that feel they cannot live without changing gear, however as it can do it better than you why would you.
    Controversial no doubt but then there are those who still believe they can stop on a bend in the wet quicker than ABS
    I am not planning on a new modern bike as I really want to use my Grumph for some travelling, however if Mongolia beckons and the force is growing within me
    then I would seriously consider this bike for covering long distance and for the rough stuff.

Working...
X