From 1962, some pics from Peter Wolf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From 1962, some pics from Peter Wolf.

Via Facebook, Mark Reul and the photographer, Peter Wolf. 206 was Jim Brunson in Wales 1961 (SILVER), while 108 was Hein van Olst NL in 62 (GOLD)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Catt; 09/11/2015, 01:40 PM.

Brian, thanks a lot for posting those! I need a set of those tyre levers!

I don't think that's the 1961 bike, ie the one I have, it's completely different bike, earlier frame etc...

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Last edited by Andy Z; 09/11/2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Marc Reul put these on Facebook as Germany '62, but the numbers didn't tally, so a quick check in the results and Colin's book told me that the pics were mixed over several events. It's a shame there are no visible frame or reg numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
        It's a shame there are no visible frame or reg numbers!
        First pic looks like 4 LHK, you can just about read the reg number impressions from behind the plate.

Comment

Well spotted!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcelle34A View Post
            First pic looks like 4 LHK, you can just about read the reg number impressions from behind the plate.
            Hi m, the tax disc reads 1958......the last 3 digits of the frame number could be a 193 or 197 possibly?
            I realise that is probably not a number of an isdt bike,but its easier to tell what it is not, rather than what it is! & it certainly does not look like a T/A on the end.
            I copied the photo & blew it right up, but the definition fades away, just when you need it...... just added a pic, as you can see, it reads 58, if you enlarge, by clicking on, you lose the definition......
            Attached Files
            Last edited by dave higgins; 10/11/2015, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Bang on Dave, first three pictures are from 58 (LHK, detachable transfer ports), last is 62 (modified 61 year bike, fibreglass guards replaced with alloy), both events pictured were in Germany, and all the images are exceptional and clearly taken with very high quality (probably) German (Leica M3) camera and lens combo....

M

Comment

Originally posted by Marcelle34A View Post
                Bang on Dave, first three pictures are from 58 (LHK, detachable transfer ports), last is 62 (modified 61 year bike, fibreglass guards replaced with alloy), both events pictured were in Germany, and all the images are exceptional and clearly taken with very high quality (probably) German (Leica M3) camera and lens combo....

M
                Very good M, but is the leica m3 a leather or plastic shoulder strap model?.....

Comment

Known as the 'EverReady' case to afficionados, only available in fetching brown leather.....

While being able to get it out in a hurry clearly meant the photographer was able to catch that great shot during the 62 event, in the end the subject was a tad overexposed....

M
                  Last edited by Marcelle34A; 10/11/2015, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X