Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkstone Suspension

Hi guys

Does anyone have front suspension diagram and service advice for a Greeves Hawkstone? Seems mine has dropped.

Thanks in advance.

Do you mean that the rubber suspension bushes have given up, so the link tips up too far, dropping the forks down?

If so, either you need to fit new bushes, or (less likely) one or both of them has rotated. Plenty of information available on here on pressing in new bushes.

(Link please, Brian...)
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

LL Fork Bush Info etc.

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
      Plenty of information available on here on pressing in new bushes.

(Link please, Brian...)
      OK Colin, for old times sake etc.....and I assume you mean me....

I think this is the thread you're referring to, with comprehensive info on this topic and links to other handy related threads as well; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=3161

Thing is, for all the obvious reasons it's in the 'GRA Members Only' area currently so it can't be accessed by 'Basic Users'....Actually, as that particular thread resides in the 'GRA Members Chat' area at the moment, might it be worth you moving it to the (also Members Only) 'Help and Advice' section and making it a sticky....?

Of course, if members want to make it 'public' then that's another matter and something way above my pay grade....

Brian.

Comment

This is an official, unofficial thread high jack.

BRIAN, how are you? have not heard from you for ages.
        I have started racing the Greeves's
        Thank you for all your help and support with tech info. I could not have done it without you and a select band of like minded generous Greeves nutters (you know who you are).

High jack over. Please return to your bush's

Comment

Bushed....

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your kind words, and I've seen the results of your sterling efforts, being used as intended. Glad I was able to help out mate, and great to see that you've been having so much fun following the rebuild (s).

I did send you a 'personal' email (with loads of attachments etc) a while back mate, but reckon it may have been when you were away working so maybe you didn't get it. I know how busy you can be though, so no worries. Check yer inbox bud....

Still haven't found a big enough jiffy bag for what's left of your Italjet though mate.....even though it's still in lots of tiny 'ickle pieces following 'The Incident'.....

Keep 'yer tongue out Craig, and enjoy your Griffs!

Brian.

Comment

Inbox checked and suitably embarrassed.

My only excuse is that when friends email my business address it gets lost in the hundreds of things I have to do to keep the company growing etc etc etc etc etc etc.
            No excuse for having zero social skills.

I shall respond to email.

sorry again KayJay for interrupting. i recently bought a Challenger with "banana" forks but these use conventional rear shocks so I can't advise on your "proper" leading links.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
              OK Colin, for old times sake etc.....and I assume you mean me....

Brian.
              'Course I do Brian, many thanks.

Sorry Kayjay283, not much help if you can't access the thread. You could always join the GRA of course...

Can you be more specific about exactly what the problem is?
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

If the metalastic bushes need replacing, there was a good article in Leading link back in the summer about making a jig for getting the slot angle cut in the correct place on the bushes. I did this very successfully on my TFS. The one bit I did differently was the method of cutting the slots. Instead of a hacksaw and files which are a pain because of lack of room to use the tools due to the rest of the fork loop being in the firing line of the blade, I used a Dremel with a grinding disc. worked great

Comment

Working...
                X