MX2 MX3 Colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX2 MX3 Colour

The fibre glass pattern parts that are produced always seem to be a rather whiter white than original.
    Does anyone know of a white that resembles the colour of the sixties?
    I do have an old stock fuel tank and it does look rather creamy in colour.
    Perhaps 'Old English White' as favoured by British Leyland is close, any ideas??

Thanks
    Colin

Originally posted by cray View Post
    The fibre glass pattern parts that are produced always seem to be a rather whiter white than original.
    Does anyone know of a white that resembles the colour of the sixties?
    I do have an old stock fuel tank and it does look rather creamy in colour.
    Perhaps 'Old English White' as favoured by British Leyland is close, any ideas??

Thanks
    Colin

Hi Colin,

I have an old MX2 tank which is very creamy/yellowy, but its probably due to ageing and ethanol in petrol. The new one, from Roger Ennis is much whiter, but not what I'd call brilliant white. Its definitely closer to "Old English White".

Unfortunately like most other Greeves colours, and exact definition is probably impossible! Anyone know what is the closest match?

Cheers,
    Andrew

Comment

MX2 colours

I'm pretty sure the GRP on the MX1 was Ivory not white (see Metisses) I'm also fairly certain that the MX3 was white except for the works Coupe d'europe models. As for MX2 I would guess white.

Druid

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
        Hi Colin,

I have an old MX2 tank which is very creamy/yellowy, but its probably due to ageing and ethanol in petrol. The new one, from Roger Ennis is much whiter, but not what I'd call brilliant white. Its definitely closer to "Old English White".

Unfortunately like most other Greeves colours, and exact definition is probably impossible! Anyone know what is the closest match?

Cheers,
        Andrew
        Hi Andrew
        Maybe the rear guard I have is something else, but when I say white, I mean Dulux brilliant white!! It certainly needs calming down
        But you are right about Greeves colours, as the discussions on here highlight the fact that 'standardisation' didn't quite reach as far as Essex

Cheers
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by druid View Post
          I'm pretty sure the GRP on the MX1 was Ivory not white (see Metisses) I'm also fairly certain that the MX3 was white except for the works Coupe d'europe models. As for MX2 I would guess white.

Druid
          Hi Druid,
          I presume you mean that lovely green tinted white for the works bike?
          It certainly complemented the bike.

I guess white is white as 'Moorland Blue, or 'Holly Green' is at the time.
          I thought with the process of GRP a bit more of a standard could be obtained.

Cheers
          Colin

Comment

Phone Roger Ennis. Roger has colour matched various parts for me previously and has also manufactured parts to my colour choice. Recommended.

My TFS and MX2 stuff produced by Roger is whiter than white, definitely a sunglasses job

I appreciate however that some people would want a 'warmer' white...

Comment

MX2 Tank Photo

Just found a photo of my original MX2 tank loaned to Mr Ennis for pattern purposes. Its definitely white..... Hope this helps.
              He still has it if you want to colour match.....

Hope the photo attaches ok, my first attempt.......
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X