Which Triumph Motor for my TFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tony View Post
    Hi Phil/Ian, having not had a 350 Triumph I not sure how much drama I am getting from my 500's. Both my T100c and the grumph with the T100c engine are really pleasant. Very easy to start, one on points the other electronic ignition. Is it the Daytona (R) engines which were a bit more of a drama?
    I have had several 3TA,s which I changed to T100A spec. It made a big difference on hills.I had to rev the nuts off the 3TA in second to get up some hills,it couldn't pull 3rd.The T100A spec pulled 3rd or 4th easily. I took a T100A spec to the IOM and was only 100mph off record pace.

Comment

I have a 1973 TR5T Trophy Trail which has a softer version of the Daytona engine. Power characteristics eminently suitable for a Grumph I would suggest.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

anyone got a set of engine plates for this conversion ? I may go down this route yet and already have a 350 or 500 motor ready to use .

Comment

Phil is your man for the plates😀

Comment

What/which frame are you thinking of?

Comment

TFS (frame says TF) its the one I have been trying to trace history of LEV 112C , no joy so unsure as what to do with it .

Comment

TFS Engine plates

Craig

I can provide you with paper templates for the TFS. Equally, I have hardboard patterns.

You will have seen Tony's post with the photo of his engine plates and spacers. Happy to discuss any specific requirement via private message or email triumphgreeves65@yahoo.co.uk

Phil

Comment

line on paper would be good scale 1/1 , I can get them profiled from that thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X