Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alloy fabrication

Hi All,

Had an interesting day out yesterday, picked-up my new fork tubes and paid a visit to Tony Holt, of Holtworks alloy fuel tanks,( website:-www.holtworks.co.uk), he is certinately a craftsman . Loads of alloy tanks being made and patterns for a lot more, including Greeves.
    But the point of my visit was to see if he could make a chainguard for me. So, mocked-up chainguard(shape generated from a cerial carton) and paper pattern I had made in hand, I made my way to his house. The outcome was that he is going to make a chainguard for me, but more to the point he will have a master pattern to work from in the future.
    So if any one want's a rear chainguard for their Pathfinder they will be able to get one, in about 2 months time.
    I'll let you know when I get mine.

Mike.

I have made my own....well 2 of my own. I had the required sheet alloy and was looking around for a suitable piece of steel to form it over. This involved a trip to my pal's place, but he kindly volunteered another pal to bend it on a proper sheet bender. Great, but something got lost in the translation, and as I had cut it more-or-less to shape, the fact that it had been bent the wrong way was a bit of a problem.....Well, not so much, as I have both left drive and right drive bikes, so the second time round we made sure that the instructions were bullet proof!

Comment

Pathfinder chain guard

Hi Mike, I would be interested in how you get on (including cost) as I need one for my Pathfinder.

Stuart.

Comment

Chainguard

Hi Stuart,

Cost is going to be around £50.

Mike.

Comment

Alloy Chainguards etc.

Hi Mike,

I totally agree on your comments regarding Tony Holt's superb fabrcation skills and products, as long as you can afford them of course! http://www.holtworks.co.uk/

With that in mind, if I may I'd just like to offer a little 'plug' for our very own Terry Sewell as well. I don't know if he offers chainguards suitable for Pathfinders, but looking at the one he offers as being suitable for an Anglian on his excellent new website, it appears to me to be a bit of a bargain!

At that price, it may well need a bit of a polish/elbow grease, but ideal for a working bike that's going to get exposed to all that mud and grit. Bear in mind that the pic here, as Terry states, is for 'illustration purposes only', but for anyone looking for Greeves parts Terry is always well worth asking. Heres a link - scroll to bottom of page to see the Anglain chainguard example; http://www.tdsclassicmotorcycles.com...en-uk/d36.html He's also offering them for Challengers as well (see next page, 'Illustration coming soon'.)

I'm sure that given a suitable factory drawing (and time permitting of course!), a Pathfinder chainguard wouldn't be beyond Terry.

Hope this helps.

Brian.
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/03/2015, 02:40 PM. Reason: Links added.

Comment

Just looking at Terry's prices and I'm impressed! £18 for a chain guard is really good value.

Comment

Terry Sewell.

Yes indeed, great service too, and a true Greeves enthusiast through and through.

I've benefitted from Terry's services several times, often when there was no other alternative, and I'm sure others would say the same.

Keep up the good work Terry, and the new website looks great by the way!

Brian.

Comment

Terry could have picked a better sample for the picture - but it does look a very similar pattern to the Pathfinder chainguard.

David.

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                Hi Mike,

I totally agree on your comments regarding Tony Holt's superb fabrcation skills and products, as long as you can afford them of course! http://www.holtworks.co.uk/

With that in mind, if I may I'd just like to offer a little 'plug' for our very own Terry Sewell as well. I don't know if he offers chainguards suitable for Pathfinders, but looking at the one he offers as being suitable for an Anglian on his excellent new website, it appears to me to be a bit of a bargain!

At that price, it may well need a bit of a polish/elbow grease, but ideal for a working bike that's going to get exposed to all that mud and grit. Bear in mind that the pic here, as Terry states, is for 'illustration purposes only', but for anyone looking for Greeves parts Terry is always well worth asking. Heres a link - scroll to bottom of page to see the Anglain chainguard example; http://www.tdsclassicmotorcycles.com...en-uk/d36.html He's also offering them for Challengers as well (see next page, 'Illustration coming soon'.)

I'm sure that given a suitable factory drawing (and time permitting of course!), a Pathfinder chainguard wouldn't be beyond Terry.

Hope this helps.

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                X