X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumphy project

Hi.
    Not posted before.
    I am trying to source a rear subframe for my Greeves Triumph project .
    I have the front beam forks swinging arm and wheels for a 1962/4 25DC and a 3TA engine.
    I bought a subframe off eBay which was supposed to be off a twin roadster but the top holes don't match only one of them.I could alter this but to do this I need the loan of some 25DC engine plates or some card templates of them so that I can jig the frame up to make the necessary alteration. I have full workshop facilities so there isn't much that I can't do in that respect.
    Any help or advice would be most appreciated.
    I also have a set of steel Greeves/Triumph engine plates that I will not be using
    But am not certain what frame they are for as I didn't design them, possibly a Scottish?They may be of some use to someone for a small consideration.
    Biggles.

Hi biggles, phil hydes your man on tri-greeves, although, i believe still on holiday, he has been checking in on the forum & will no doubt respond to your post when he see`s it.
    Good luck with your project, & post some pics if you have time... dave.

Comment

Thanks and a happy new year to you both.
      Point taken about the plates. I still have the original M.D.F. patterns that the steel ones were profiled from. I think they were originally for a trials machine as I was going to fit the engine into a 20TAS that I had in pieces but decided to have a road machine and didn't want to spoil a good trials machine, so that was sold to finance the build of the other.
      The 25 was just a collection of pieces so I didn't feel so bad about using the parts. They were I thought also a bit more robust.

Comment

Triumph Greeves Engine plates

Hi Biggles

I am now back in UK. Please send a private message with your frame number and I will search out the most suitable engine plate pattern.

Phil

Comment

Engine plates

To all those who sent me private messages about the engine plates.
          I am sorry but I did not pick them up until today.
          Since the original post I have dug them out of the store and they are as yet un drilled. As I said to Phil Hyde I also have the M.D.F. patterns from the originals that were loaned me.
          So the options are that I can mark them out from the patterns and drill them or I can mark them out for someone to drill them selves or they can have them un drilled to do themselves.
          Alternatively I can for a small fee make some more M.D.F. Ones for people to have cut out in steel or alli.
          Biggles.

Comment

Grumphy project continued

I have with the help of John Wakefield solved the miss matched frame problem.
            The rear frame I have is correct only it has been modified. The top tubes have been cut and longer ones fitted (see attached pic). The engine plates I have are correct (someone sent me some templates of a 25 set and they matched). All I need now is a picture of the joint where the top rails and front tube meet. I have asked Rob Thornton and there are no drawings for this. A parts book or a copy of the relevant page would help so that I can cut out the modified bits and join in some new ones. Any help would be most appreciated.
            Attached Files

Comment

Further progress

Good news.
              Fellow member Richard Greenside lent me a subframe to copy but then a speedo and gearbox turned up on eBay.
              Having successfully bid for the two, the guy I bought them from informed me that he had a lot of Greeves stuff I queried whether he had a sub frame to which he replied that he had a new old stock one which I duly bought.
              I now have a complete rolling chassis with which to make a start.
              Will keep you updated as to progress. Won't be for a while yet as have other more pressing jobs to complete.

Comment

hi biggles i am a new member of the gra and am building a greeves trials outfit in the past i have built several greeves /triumph and bsa engined specials, as such have full a fully equipped machine/ welding shop which if you location is the same north elmham as mine you are welcome to call in and use or any advice i can offer my name is will phone no 01362 667859

Comment

Working...
                X