List of number of each Greeves model made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of number of each Greeves model made

Has anyone got a copy of the list that shows how many of each model were made. I have seen a printed copy & thought it had been re produced on here but cant find it. If anyone has a copy can they please scan it & post it up so its readily available to look at.

John, I sent a list of the production numbers of the street bikes that I had been given to Colin in Nov, 2011, although we were not sure at the time whether this was all bikes produced or just home market. You and I were also corresponding at the time about the so called 325 cc East Coasters imported into NA so don't know if you also got a copy then.
    The scan looks like 19Mb so it would take an age to send again through our slow speed, high speed rural link here in the sticks but if you can't find a copy on your side of the pond let me know and I will try and send it again.
    Stan

Comment

Thanks Stan, dont think it was the one I am looking for, it was just a plain A4 sheet with each model listed & the number of bikes produced. I do know someone who has a copy so will have to go & take a pic if someone does not come up with it on here.

Comment

Road Bike Production list

Here is the road bike production list which I have retyped from the one Stan sent me. This is not the one I have previously seen.

Interesting to see FOUR 32DC's despatched as late as 1966, I wonder if these were sent to Randy Wilson for the 32DC 'East Coasters' he wa advertising in leaflet below?
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 09/08/2016, 10:34 PM.

Comment

production figures

John
          Those figures are very interesting can you say how many 25DB are known to exist or on the register? cheers Mikerwt

Comment

Originally posted by mikerwt View Post
            John
            Those figures are very interesting can you say how many 25DB are known to exist or on the register? cheers Mikerwt
            I have about 30 but I reckon only half are still original configuration or complete. The rest are basket cases have other engines fitted or just beams, frames or rolling chassis. I would think there are a lot more out there to be discovered though as there were 668 built

Comment

Greeves Road Bike list

Here is the list that I originally refered to, I managed to get a copy from Dave Pink.
              Note that it is again roadsters only (plus Ranger) & gives only the totals of each model. Strangely it lists only 28 24CS Rangers when we know from existing frame numbers there must have been more than that.
              According to Dave the list was compiled by Andrew King, & was probably published in LL at some time. It is stated as published by the GRA. The totals appear to tally with the other list if different model years are added together
              Attached Files

Comment

Do bear in mind that the list is based on the dispatch records and won't include those which were exported. Or any bikes retained by the factory.
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                  Do bear in mind that the list is based on the dispatch records and won't include those which were exported. Or any bikes retained by the factory.
                  Colin. So presumably there were some (28) 24CS Rangers dispatched & sold in the UK. Any idea what the total production would have been? Current survivor frame numbers 114 to 202 suggest more than 89 made & probably nearer 100. if first number was 101?

Comment

Working...
                  X