No announcement yet.

Ranger 3 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA, a co-incidence indeed, but at least they haven't got the same number.....

Comment

Moulder and Scullery.....The Return Of The Course Files....

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
      As a side note, i have this ranger of tony`s in my workshop, along with garybam`s ranger, both are within 9 production numbers of each other & were probably exported in the same batch, spent 40 odd yrs in the states & both arrived separately back in the uk within days of each other.! now sitting quite happy together, as they would have been, prior to dispatch all those yrs ago..................spooky.......
      That's what happens if you site yer workshop slap bang in the middle of 'The Twiglet Zone' mate......

Here's another example.....http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=1380

Brian.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 07/02/2016, 11:38 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Of course it is the correct Moorland Orange

I have now discovered the correct Moorland Orange, a sort of hallelujah moment.
        Well someone mentioned Jesus and a bright colour.

I am having a few of these tank badges cast (not in orange ) as I need a couple for the Ranger. They might be useful for anyone making a special or wanting a different badge. I am not sure what other models had these badges. Anyway I will have a few at the AGM, and a few battery box badges as well.

Comment

Orange 'uns are more faster...!

Nice one Tony...!

By the way....did you know that Orange spelt backwards is Egnaro....

(...and it will match your riding suit....! )

Just make sure that you get an 'authentic' orange peel paint job on the tank though, otherwise the GRA Fashion Police will 'av yer.....

bRiAn.
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 17/02/2016, 05:53 PM. Reason: More oranges....

Comment

Well here it is

Probably like marmite, either you will like it or hate it

Dave has pushed in the bearings and bushes so I start on the right footing

The tank is orange with black stripes instead of silver, handlebars, toolbox, headlamp, rear light and shock springs will be black and of course the seat.

Comment

See.... i told you it would blend in ok!.......

Comment

Love the orange, let's see the tank!

Do you have a RAL number for the orange?

Comment

Egnaro!!!

Tony, you actually went and did it! You flippin' legend!!!

I LIKE it.....A LOT!!

I'm with Andy....wanna see tank!!!

Brian.

Comment

RAL 2008, the tank has not got the black stripe or badge yet to break up the 'Orangeness"

Comment

Engine cradle is the wrong Black!........Will stand out a bit when finished!

Comment

You know when you've been egnaroed....!

I think I know what happened Tony......

All of the classic Tango adverts present on one of Britvic's promotional VHS from 1991's original 'Slap', to 1997's 'Vote Orange'.The adverts cover Orange/Ap...

Tank looks ace! Looking forward to seeing it all come together mate.

Brian.

Comment

Yep, certainly been Tango'd Brian T

Brian C As for the Engine Cradle being too black it is difficult to say at this stage as the tool box and air filter will be black so that central area will all be black and above will all be orange. From a practical point of view black is better as oil, grease and dirt will not show so much.

Comment

Marmite please

Well I actually like the colour.

Nice to see something different. This really is an Anglian/Wessex frame albeit with pillion footrest mounts. A slightly different concept from the early Ranger TFS based frame
                            Last edited by Phil Hyde; 03/05/2016, 04:02 PM. Reason: Spillchuck

Comment

It's grrrrrreat

Well Tony ( the tiger )

I think it looks like a nice durable finish..

It's your bike, so it's your choice

I think when it all comes together it will nice.

Also it's a great safety feature that colour, also you won't need lights either

Scott
                              Last edited by scott151; 04/05/2016, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Of course they did build orange (or for Brian egnaro) bikes in the 1960's

not sure about the ladies hairstyle, that is taking style a bit too far

Comment

Working...
                                X