Frame no.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame no.

bought basket case as 25DB frame no. 60/3023 Engine no. 638B 6373 there was a number plate included UTY 711 can someone identify if these all belong together please

Hi 'Thubby'
    I have checked the number on the DVLA web site & indeed it relates to a 250 Greeves first registered 24/8/61 which has been off the road since 1/9/94 (details below)
    All you need to do is download form V62 https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...V62_030815.pdf or get one from a post office fill it in and send with fee of £25 to DVLA & you will get a new V5C. You may later need a dating certificate from the club to prove manufactured date of bike (not shown) in order to get it on Historic free tax, but wait till you get V5c to see what taxation class is.
    The engine incidentally does not appear to be the original & was originally fitted to a Dayton Albatross. UTY is a Northumberland registration.

Details from DVLA web site:
    Registration number: UTY 711
    Untaxed Tax due: 01 September 1994
    MOT No details held by DVLA
    Vehicle details
    Vehicle make GREEVES
    Date of first registration 24 August 1961
    Cylinder capacity (cc) 250cc
    CO₂Emissions Not available
    Fuel type PETROL
    Export marker No
    Vehicle status Not taxed
    Vehicle colour BLUE
    Vehicle type approval Not available
    Wheelplan 2 WHEEL
    Revenue weight Not available
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 06/10/2016, 05:00 PM. Reason: Link to V62 download added

Comment

Hi John
      Thank you for your swift reply.
      More information would be appreciated
      I need to know if frame no. 60/3023 is for a 25db or something else?
      also I have a rear paddle hub with worn through braking surface and another standard hub in good condition . Is it possible to remove the paddle and swap to the good hub?
      Many thanks Thubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Thubby View Post
        Hi John
        Thank you for your swift reply.
        More information would be appreciated
        I need to know if frame no. 60/3023 is for a 25db or something else?
        also I have a rear paddle hub with worn through braking surface and another standard hub in good condition . Is it possible to remove the paddle and swap to the good hub?
        Many thanks Thubby.
        The frame number is correct for a 25DB, looks like it stood for a while in a dealers showroom before being sold. As a GRA member you should be able to get despatch record from Pete Smith address in LL
        Sorry cant help re paddle hubs, I think they are shrunk on so may be difficult to remove without damage, no doubt someone on here can help.

Comment

Thanks for the information maybe someone else can advise on the hub issue.

Comment

Greeves Hub Info etc.....

Hi Thubby,

Although I can't add much more to what has already been advised, I can offer you a link to this thread which may be of some help along the way....

Good luck with your Greeves!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
            X