No announcement yet.

Latest list of survivors from Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi John ,I have 24TFS359 for you records ,I have now managed to get a complete TFS barrel and head so will be rebuilding as original hopefully .Another one brought back to life.
    Simon

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
      Hi John ,I have 24TFS359 for you records ,I have now managed to get a complete TFS barrel and head so will be rebuilding as original hopefully .Another one brought back to life.
      Simon
      Thanks for update Simon, I still had it with John Harding (dealer)

Comment

Hi John, i have frame number 24 MX 705 for your records, which has been in storage for the last 30 years or so. I have recently joined the forum, plus i have been re-reading some of the available books to try and get a feel for which of the parts i have are correct for the frame. At this point i believe it to be a 1965 MX2 Challenger.
        Regards, Ian.

Comment

Thanks yes a 1965 MX2 I have listed it, what part of the world are you in ?

Comment

I'm in Jo'burg RSA.....not the easiest place in the world to undertake a Greeves restoration.I'll figure out in the next day or so which parts are correct and usable on the 24MX, as some seem to have migrated over from a Hawkstone.

Comment

Griffon in Australia. Query over engine numbers.

From the Greeves Enthusasts Page on FB
              Hi Brian, I have just joined the group and have a 1969 Greeves Griffon 250 I have just restored - frame number 56E 285 (both engine cases stamped GRF1/290 - assume this is the engine number?) I am located in Adelaide - South Australia - regards Steve Cramp

Comment

Brian I think the engine number should read GPF1/290

Comment

Yes John, that was my thought, but are they normally on both cases?

Comment

Working...
                  X