Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCS manuals + information etc,

Hi to all,
    As a new member of the GRA + a new owner of a 1965 RCS Silverstone, i would ask if anyone, could suggest where i can obtain any suitable manuals, parts information, Silverstone history or any interesting Silverstone reading material, Thanks.

Hello Geoff, this is a copy of the best book on Silverstones and British 250 racers.

It's a copy of Derek Pickard's book "British 250 Racer" which sells for good money on eBay. Parts manuals are easy to pick up at Stafford for £10/15.
    Any copies of other info I have you will be welcome to.
    Don't forget Colin's excellent book for general info.
    Colin

Comment

The book to have on Silverstone development history is Derek Pickard's "British 250 Racer". Out of print, of course, but well worth searching for.

Service notes for the 24RCS are available from the GRA - see page 35, current Leading Link.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Silverstone Articles etc.

Hi Geoff,

In the meantime, here's a few Silverstone related articles you may find of interest....

Topics relating to Greeves designed and manufactured engines and engine parts - use the machine subforums for discussions that relate to bikes as a whole.

I'd also recommend this book by Reg Everett, albeit perhaps more anecdotal than technical, but it's a damn good read and a great insight into the background to the birth of the Silverstone...http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reg-Everett-.../dp/1859836798

Good luck with your bike!

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 13/04/2016, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks.

Hi, Copy of Derek Prichard`s book from ebay ordered, keeping my eye open for a first edition as well, service notes etc from GRA Leading Link will be ordered as well tomorrow, will check out the other links and see what`s of interest, thanks for all your help.

Comment

magazine.

Hi, managed to find British Bike Mechanics OCT/NOV 1988 (Greeves Tuning), on ebay, have ordered them so hopefully should receive them shortly, located two stroke performance tuning by A Graham Bell, however there seems to be two versions?? as for the other reading material not managed to find yet will keep looking.

Comment

Working...
            X