• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Man

Anybody know him?

Dean Newton Seattle, US of A

Mystery rider

The registration of the car looks like DBD 78C a 1965 Northampton registration.
    So that dates the pics to 1965 & later, it may be a rider in the Northampton area as in those days cars did no generally stray far from there original county of registration. The trailer looks a home made affair made from an invalid carriage, an Invacar maybe.
    The rider is probably a local privateer rather than a works rider.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 24/05/2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

looking at the picture of the guy i wonder what else he had in the row of sheds behind him,just a thought there may be an original greeves in there just waiting to be discovered,it does happen i found mine in a collapsed barn where it had lain for fourty years

Comment

Hi Intersting pics,

The bike is a 24mx4c short stroke challenger in uk spec, Only around 32 of these were made, they were officially a 1968 bike, but some left the factory in late 67 I believe. looking at the bike it looks totally original, so it must have been quite new I suspect.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by wfo47w View Post
          http://www.autoweek.com/article/2014...WS01/140529917

Anybody know him?

Dean Newton Seattle, US of A
          The photo link is now broken, do you still have the pic Dean as someone on the Greeves facebook web page was looking for it.

Comment

Working...
          X