No announcement yet.

2017 Mortimer Team Race ... Who is in ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plenty of room at the track, turn right after the entrance and look for the Greeves flags, as long as the Hostipality unit is still on it's wheels, or unsinged.....

Comment

Thanks Brian. I've a fire extinguisher in the 'bus' if Rob decides to re-enact scenes from The Wicker Man.....and I don't mean the one with Britt Ekland cavorting naked. Now that would make for interesting copy in the next leading link.

Comment

HA.....for the record, it wasn't Britt! It was a body double. Maybe we need a body double at the 100 miler to cover those out due to injury, illness or burns...

Comment

I thought Brit did the topless but a double was used for the 'downstairs' shots. There was a rumour that when Rod Stewart hitched up with Brit, he tried to buy up the film rights which if true would suggest it was her. In the interest of clarity I may have to find the film on 'tinternet and scroll through to the scene in question. I may be some time.....

Comment

Hawkstone Heroes are down to only two riders for the hundred miler and would love to add a third and fourth member to their team. So if anyone is keen/daft enough to want to join us then we'd love to hear from you. Just pm/phone me or reply here and I'll get back in touch. 01394276361

Comment

The Captain Mainwaring, and myself, will be involved with the changeover as it seems that all hands to the pump will be required,!1(and i am not referring to the BBQ Inferno either) also we will have the Hospitality suite!! to man and dont forget we have the VAN STICKERS THAT ALL SELF RESPECTING GREEVES RIDERS WILL WANT, !! so please put that at the top of your shopping list boys ok see you on the Friday if we can get in ok

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
                Hawkstone Heroes are down to only two riders for the hundred miler and would love to add a third and fourth member to their team. So if anyone is keen/daft enough to want to join us then we'd love to hear from you. Just pm/phone me or reply here and I'll get back in touch. 01394276361
                adrian might be an idea to combine with the 2 smokers , Mark Larter and Andrew green ?

Comment

Hey Kim, can I bring the only Mk2 Griffon that was made in 1973 ???
                  Honest

Just got the good news that my Mk1 bottom end is on its way back from Mr Bateman. Should have it ready and won't have to put the "other" engine in with the shaved fins and mikuni carb.

I will be turning up on Friday late afternoon so look out for the Blu Marine Van and trailer full of bikes and whisky. I will hopefully be close to the Greeves caravan so that I can watch our leaders famous Mortimer fire dance.

See you all there.

Craig

Comment

What year do you reckon on this one then?
                    Attached Files

Comment

My guess is that it is a 1973 Griffon 250 with modified rear suspension.
                      it has the later top yoke and a Mk1 style petrol cap. The later 250's came with a black frame.

Do I win a prize Brian???????????

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                        adrian might be an idea to combine with the 2 smokers , Mark Larter and Andrew green ?
                        Hi Kim, many thanks for your suggestion. Mark did phone last evening for the same purpose. It certainly makes sense to me, either way as long as all those entered get a ride and enjoy the event that'll be a good outcome.
                        P.S How are you feeling now after last weekends skirmish?

Comment

The 250 was owned and modified by Swiss rider Ernst Hausler, who rode in ISDTs as well as MX. He published no actual date details and just described it as a modified Griffon. He had a long connection with Greeves machinery and has published pics of his bikes elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
                            Hi Kim, many thanks for your suggestion. Mark did phone last evening for the same purpose. It certainly makes sense to me, either way as long as all those entered get a ride and enjoy the event that'll be a good outcome.
                            P.S How are you feeling now after last weekends skirmish?
                            hi Adrian thanks for asking ... To be honest a tough week high blood pressure and after effects of mild concussion... So buggered up the work week .. But mustn't grumble ! I have had much worse

Ref Mortimer I checked with Mike Norris and his son Mark is also entered so we have 4 in Greeves and Mortimer 3 in 2 smokers and 2 in Hawkstone Heroes so I reckon we go with your suggestion and we just rebalance on the day so we all get a ride ...
                            Cheers Kim

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                              Hey Kim, can I bring the only Mk2 Griffon that was made in 1973 ???
                              Honest

Just got the good news that my Mk1 bottom end is on its way back from Mr Bateman. Should have it ready and won't have to put the "other" engine in with the shaved fins and mikuni carb.

I will be turning up on Friday late afternoon so look out for the Blu Marine Van and trailer full of bikes and whisky. I will hopefully be close to the Greeves caravan so that I can watch our leaders famous Mortimer fire dance.

See you all there.

Craig
                              nice one McCorset and Son .... I am really looking forward to this one I will head over Friday after school maybe we can join Rob and dick for their traditional pre race fire eating curry 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                                hi Adrian thanks for asking ... To be honest a tough week high blood pressure and after effects of mild concussion... So buggered up the work week .. But mustn't grumble ! I have had much worse

Ref Mortimer I checked with Mike Norris and his son Mark is also entered so we have 4 in Greeves and Mortimer 3 in 2 smokers and 2 in Hawkstone Heroes so I reckon we go with your suggestion and we just rebalance on the day so we all get a ride ...
                                Cheers Kim
                                So, shaken, not stirred then! Hope it eases as the week progresses.
                                As you've a full team it's good of you to suggest sorting on the day, leave it to those taking part to sort as you see fit. I'll happily be there to assist with pit duties where required. See you at Maylandsea!

Comment

Working...
                                X