No announcement yet.

Early Griffon Test Session pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 'sponger' (aka 'shark biscuit') speaks.....

Originally posted by johnu View Post
    .....surf in the morning.....
    Now come on John......that's just toooo much......I can't take any more......!!!!!

Just make sure you catch a few for me next session brah.....!!

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      Chris,

Thanks for the info. When I asked other people, they said there was nothing in the archives and no one really knew.

However, that was leaving you out of the equation!

You may have told me but if so, I hadn't remembered. Yes, I believe the bike did come via Beamish's, I found the bike about 10 miles from their shop!

I saw Vic Allan at weekend up at Telford.

The swingarm has had some extra suspension unit mounts added further back from the normal ones which are also retained.

Apart from that it looks fairly standard. Interesting that the production 'scrap' was used up on those bikes!

I had the engine overhauled by Mike Palmer and it has been in the cupboard ever since. Think it could be time to get it going. The only thing I need now is a high-tensile front rim.

Thanks again,

Rob
      Hi Rob,
      Tony has high tensile rims to sell.

Comment

Craig, that would be handy as the front wheel has been fitted with the remains of a chrome rim that is no longer very round! I've just found some brand new sets of Griffon front wheel spokes in the workshop so all I need is a rim!

The front brake had been drilled just about everywhere for lightness and even the inside of the backplate has been tickled with the tip of a drill.

The frame was serving as a dog gate in the garden but I have now bodged up a proper gate so the poor old frame wil now get the paint it needs!

Must get it back together!

Thanks for replying, I'd forgotten all about this thread until good old bRiAn dug it up! Thanks!

Comment

Woof!

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          The frame was serving as a dog gate in the garden......

I'd forgotten all about this thread until good old bRiAn dug it up! Thanks!
          That's posh Rob, a genuine Greeves dog gate......an excellent bit of repurposing there!

If it's any consolation, I've just repurposed a dog bowl for another of my 'little projects'..... (see post #192.....http://greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/...4282#post34282)

Speaking of digging things up, I guess you've already seen the 'other' project then.... (see posts #182/183 onwards....http://greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/...t=4678&page=19)

Finally....d'ya think I'd upset anyone if I turned an ali beam into a guitar.....??!!

bRiAn.
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 27/03/2017, 03:32 PM. Reason: Links added.

Comment

Working...
          X