brian wade book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brian wade book

out of interest bryan has said hes writing his memiors for next year ! so book i look foward to !.

i say this in not advertizing but in passing information as a clubman and member

Aye right........

Comment

Wildman!

Hi Gary, (David),

Cheers for the heads up mate, sounds like one to look out for. There's a lot of BW fans on here. Fingers crossed!

Brian.
      Attached Files

Comment

Is that him Brian. Montessa bike and wearing a Greeves jersey? Or is it an AJS? I don't know much about Brian Wade's history. I'll need to buy the book!

Regards,
        David
        Last edited by 46T Sprocket; 18/12/2014, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I've posted this one before....

Yep...that's him David......but it 'aint a Montessa......

Brian.

Comment

I like him, because he had the best use of black insulating tape i have seen.
            Helmet designs have come a long way since.

Comment

More Brian Wade.

Here you go David, have a look at this thread for a bit more on BW; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ght=Brian+Wade

Brian.

Comment

What is it then Brian?

Comment

Ah a Griffon! It was the red tank and side panels that threw me. I would like one of them.

Good thread that. Thanks for that. I'll read it over my morning cuppa. I'm running a bit late today.

Regards,
                  David.
                  Last edited by 46T Sprocket; 18/12/2014, 12:29 PM.

Comment

It's a Griffon.

In that pic BW is riding an early Griffon 380 (or maybe it's the 250...) at the Wakes Colne press presentation. (Thanks to Riflegreen (Chris Goodfellow) for the info.)

Brian.

Comment

Chris who I never met or spoke with on the forum, is mentioned in that Silverstone article I put online.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                        In that pic BW is riding an early Griffon 380 (or maybe it's the 250...) at the Wakes Colne press presentation. (Thanks to Riflegreen (Chris Goodfellow) for the info.)

Brian.
                        Spot on Brian. 18th February 1969. It's a 380. See December Leading Link. There's a picture of Frits Selling sitting on it.
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Chris Goodfellow - Riflegreen.

Chris will always have a very special place reserved in the hearts of Greeves
                          enthusiasts the world over. We all miss him very much, and will always be grateful for the legacy he left behind.

He worked at the factory, initially on Invacars, then it was on to the Race Shop! So many times on here he would quietly step into the middle of a 'debate' and settle it instantly with actual hands-on knowledge (he may have built your bike sir!) and experience, let alone his vast knowlege of all things Greeves (and Invacar.) His finely honed sense of humour was always welcome too.

We were so lucky to have him on here, giving freely of his time and expertise. It was his far-sightedness that secured the factory dispatch records, to name but one huge contribution he made along the way, amongst many others. He is one of the foundation(s) of this club as far as I can see, and as long as there is a GRA his name will run through it like a stick of (solid) rock.

Brian.

Comment

Bryan wade

If you go to Facebook Nicholson motors you will see a lot of Bryan wades photos good forum

Comment

Working...
                            X