No announcement yet.

325 East Coaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I and others have experienced this problem with 4-strokes, namely a couple of Norton twins and a T110, on hot days, on different occasions. It is quite baffling. The only conclusion we came to was fuel vaporisation. We were able to get them going by removing the plugs, squirting neat fuel into the cylinders, rapidly replacing the plugs, whereby they fired up, drawing fuel through, and all was right with the world again! This actually happened on one occasion to both of us at the same time, on a ride out where we had a short stop, and neither a Norton or the Triumph would start. We had sparks, but the plugs were dry.

Interesting about summer and winter grades of fuel, Ian. The Norton was using standard pump 95 ron ethanol-laced petrol, whilst the Triumph had Esso superunleaded 97 without ethanol.

Ian

Comment

• Took the Grumph today instead - first kick hot or cold
      I wonder whether the new electronic ignition for twins will help? Certainly works well on the singles

Comment

• parts

nice bike tony. if you would, where did the seat, and guards come from please. thanks.

Comment

• The mudguards are TFS, Paul sells them
          http://www.cottonvilliersspares.co.u...lasspage1.html

The seat was an eBay job, off a modern Triumph similar to this one,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-9...gAAOSw5cNYRIK~

nice and comfy

Comment

• Tony

Thanks tony, thought the seat looked comfy. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Summer or what! I took the 325 EastCoaster for a 40 mile round trip to visit my daughter. No heated gloves, no thermal liner and sunshine what more could you ask for in February. The bike was perfect, started second kick cold and the same after I had stopped. The B roads around the Teign valley have wonderful meandering roads which just allow you to almost sway through them and the bike handles so well that it makes for a very enjoyable ride.
              I do need to sort out some indicators, too risky on our busy roads, even here, not to be very visible when turning.
              I suppose I had better clean the mud off

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0019.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	74278

Comment

• The 325s do sing along nicely don't they? I rather miss my 32DC. Sounds like a smashing ride.

Do tell us how you approach fitting your indicators. I suppose the rear ones could be flush-mounted car style on the panniers?
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

• Yes indicators are really a must on a road going bike these days, must admit I have thought about fitting some on my EC, but never got around to it, and dont really want to detract from the original spec. I have in fact still got a 6 volt Lucas flasher unit that came from a Rickman Enduro (they had the wiring and switch for indicators but lamps were not fitted)
                  The front ones would not be a problem as they can be fitted to handle bar, but rears would need some brackets bolted to the sides of number plate housing. In theory, on Tonys bike, the panniers would be a good place to fit them, but as (I assume) they are de-mountable then plugs and sockets would be required to separate from wiring. Plenty of suitable lamp units in the net.

Comment

• I think the standard Lucas one will look okay and a bracket can be made to go behind the front number plate and behind the rear rack. I also think a an extra rear light/brake light would be beneficial. I am thinking about getting the new electronic ignition which will the produce a much more useable 12 volts, even enough to keep my cloves charged. Led's will also help make sure there is sufficient brightness from the lamps.

Name:	IMG_0022.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	74289

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	74290

Comment

• That looks OK to me, Tony, and at least Lucas type look period (sort of).
                      Colin Sparrow

Comment

• How about these bar end indicators, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCL...BeQ8:rk:1:pf:0

Comment

• Vehicle Wiring Products in Derbyshire, 0115 9305454, just ring & ask for a catalogue, many usefull bits but if you want the two & three pin plugs & sockets to join the wiring to your indicators look very closely how they go together before use...…….

Comment

• My Sunday ride was cut short by the refusal of the bike to start after a 15 mile run. In the end I got the van and took it home, thankfully Sara and friends were in another car so I got a lift home to get the van.

Role on Monday morning and it started third kick.

Time for the electronic ignition.

Comment

• Having bought some replacement Lucas indicators for my Triumph T100C I am going to use the perfectly working ones, although rusty for the East Coaster. Interesting the ubiquitous Lucas indicator was to be found on many stalls at Kempton auto jumble the other week. They will probably still be there at the next one as most were more than new reproduction ones. I can't understand why they think some one would pay more for a rusty one even if it is genuine Lucas, it is still rusty!. Anyway my perfectly functioning ones have had a coat of different colours to see which will work best with the East Coaster.

Name:	new lights.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	75957
                              The choice is matt black, hammered grey, matt silver and satin black. Personally I like the hammered grey and satin black.
                              Fortunately the bike is not Moorland blue otherwise there would be 100's of different shades.

I must also add that in this time of too much waste and production not taking in to account the true environmental impact of products it seems that at £6.90 each nobody would bother to reuse old ones. If they were £45.00 each a lot more people bar a few perfectionist would re use them.

Comment

• Now fitted with the Electrex world electronic ignition it starts first kick hot every time . Next job is to put the indicators on to make it a little safer for busy road use. I have just been on a test ride and due to the skinny tyres not the best ride in the slippery Devon lanes. It is almost impossible to find a road around here without mud on it, great fun on the 380 Enduro, a tad worrying on the East Coaster.

Name:	EC in lane.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	360.3 KB
ID:	78484

Comment

Working...
                                X