Blooie pipe woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blooie pipe woes

So I love the sound of the Blooie pipe, heaven sent in my humble opinion, however response is very mixed....even at vintage events.

Either people love it, understand it and embrace it...giving us thumbs up etc as we go by....or follow the sound and stop in and chat about how cool it is....which honestly is the most common response

But every now and then we get people that plug their ears, throw dirty looks or even worse assume its a home made device we came up with to make the Greeves loud...

This last July at our biggest yearly event, Vintage Motorcycle Days sponsored by the American Motorcyclist Associate we rode both the MCS (Ms Eleanor) and my Wessex (Ms Grizzy) up to the show....and it was a muddy mucky mess, but we got there relatively clean and with supplies for cleaning. Ill add here there were literally hundreds of bikes entered, only our 2 Greeves were fired up or heard running....most were trailered there and back.....sad in my humble opinion

Very proud of results...Grizzy took 1st British Competition and Eleanor took 2nd....(OK, so we were the only 2 in the British Competition....but gets people asking and interested in the marque...so mission complete.)

Anyway, after the show and awards....we fire the bikes up, as soon as Eleanor roared to life the crowd jumped (lol I do love that) and a gentleman said.....ok screamed "That's a bit too loud don't you think??"

LOL and I responded...."Well that's stock 1963 my friend, thought we were at a Vintage Event here....wont get more vintage than that!"

I really expected a sneer and dirty look....instead he had a look of surprise, mouthed "OH" and gave me the thumbs up

LOL and next year we should have the MD restored and running with her blooie pipe....double the fun
Working...
X