Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-listed with correct spelling and £1750 start price. Dogsbody

Comment

Another response from the Nicholson page, this time from Dan Vitaleti. Per the Villiers bible, they started with 102 thru 204, but I've seen higher numbers than that, had 3 of them

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
        Rob......stand by for a shock.......I have a gent in the USA with 2 24 MEs. Chassis numbers 136 and 193.
        The Carrick/Walker Greeves book states that 89 were built in total, and, in common with others, say the first was 24ME102. If the number run was continuous, it would stop just short of 193. One wonders where they obtained the figure of 89 from, as the club records are very different, whilst Colin says in his book that only a 100 or so were built. If Rob is right and they started at 106, then 193 would be in the sequence. Greeves practice was to start a model run with 101, though..... Then again, are these production numbers, or despatch numbers?

It would seem there is still a fair bit to be learned about this interesting model.

Comment

Yes, I can only repeat what is in the despatch registers for the home market. looks like some went to the US then.

The despatch register goes from 106 to 155 but there are so many gaps, only 15 machines are listed! Somewhere, there are at least another 74 bikes or 85 depending on which published figure you go for (or at least, frame numbers).

How about giving Villiers a ring and asking them how many Starmakers they sold Greeves?! I expect they are still too busy trying to track down all the mecahnics they sent to the US!

Comment

Working...
          X