Rear suspension dust covers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear suspension dust covers.

Does anyone know of a source for the chrome lower covers to suit a 24DB?

Girling type rear shock covers (upper and lower.)

Hi Buzzer,

I've just done a quick search on the internet and found this;

http://www.amcclassicspares.com/Suspension.pdf (See part no. 023481 and 023481/S for stainless versions.)

These are available from www.amcclassicspares.com I don't know if these are the correct items for the shocks on your bike but they must be 'close', and it's got to be worth checking out at a little over £20 a pair for the stainless type!

Hope this helps,

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 25/06/2010, 10:41 AM.

Comment

DB rear units

The original units fitted to 24DB are Amstrong units. If your bike still has these fitted I would not think Girling covers would fit. So looks like trawling the auto jumbles or placing a wanted ad on forum & in LL. (see attached pic of Armstrong unit)
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for stepping in John, I thought that may well be the case and wasn't sure-my TCS is fitted with Armstrong units as well, of course.

I've sent some some further info to Buzzer (3 'Greeves Information Sheets' on rear suspension units, covering both Armstrong and Girling fitments) via email.

In the meantime, I wonder if Will Horgan at Stainless Classics (www.stainlessclassic.com) might have something that would fit? Unfortunately the website is down for maintenance at the moment so I couldn't check...

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 25/06/2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

covers

http://bikerevival.co.uk/page1.html?...FRg8lAod-yoQ4w you could talk to these people they are very helpful.
          Regards
          Merlin

Comment

You could also try;

Brian.

Comment

Thanks everybody; all very useful information.

Comment

Working...
              X