Pathfinder won't start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for all the replies.
    I have thought about the seals but would that stop it from even trying to fire or cough or puff or something at least?!
    The fuel is quite fresh, not straight from the pump, but my other bikes and garden equipment running quite happily.
    Just tried a bump start and still nothing but plug is wetter than before having given carb yet another clean. It's almost as if when the plug is in the head there is no spark but when held against it to check it is sparking quite happily.
    Compression was 130 but will check again.

Comment

Worth trying a new plug cap...but try this - if not done already - swithch fuel tap off - hold throttle wide open and give it some kicks to clear crank see if you get a backfire or sign of life......? That's what I do with my MDS when it struggles from cold and floods the crank
      Cheers Kim

Comment

Worn seals should not cause undue starting problems, more like erratic running or flat spots. Frankly in all my years (some 57 years) of motor cycling mostly with 2 strokes, many of them Villiers. I have never come across problems with seal failures. My current bike the 25DC East Coaster with over 64000 miles on the clock is believed to be on the original bottom end & I have not replaced crank case seals during the 16 years & 28000 miles I have owned it.
        Looks like your problem may be with the electronic ignition. Not sure if anyone such as Electrex World does a replacement system for the Puch engine.
        Another possible source is Rexs Speed Shop http://www.rexs-speedshop.com
        They dont list a CDI unit for Puch engines but they may be able to make one.
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 15/10/2016, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Enough.

I had been trying to get it to start to sell it but another 4 hours and still nothing so it now goes for sale as a non starter. Will post it in the sale section with pictures later. Thanks for all the help everybody.

Comment

Pathfinder

If its got points.....Clean them even if you have a spark!!! You may be surprised...John P.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
              I had been trying to get it to start to sell it but another 4 hours and still nothing so it now goes for sale as a non starter. Will post it in the sale section with pictures later. Thanks for all the help everybody.
              I had the same symptoms on my Pathfinder, fitted a ignition system from powerdynamo £266 posted, starts first kick every time, have fitted one to my enduro Pathfinder as well. Private message me and I will give you my email address to send photos of your Pathfinder, I will be interested in buying from you.

Comment

Working...
              X