Griffon Mikuni Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon Mikuni Carb

Ok guys those of you that have seen my project thread know my 250 Griffon won't run properly so I am going to do as Dave suggested and try a Mikuni on it. I can't buy a Mikuni here in the states jetted for a Griffon so I will most likely pick one up when I am back in the UK in August. Any suggestions where to purchase said carb? And is the 32mm the right size for a 250? If anyone is using a Mikuni and has all the jetting sizes and slide cut away info I could get one over here though.
    What mods do you have to do to get the Mikuni to fit?

Thanks,
    john.

Originally posted by johnu View Post
    Ok guys those of you that have seen my project thread know my 250 Griffon won't run properly so I am going to do as Dave suggested and try a Mikuni on it. I can't buy a Mikuni here in the states jetted for a Griffon so I will most likely pick one up when I am back in the UK in August. Any suggestions where to purchase said carb? And is the 32mm the right size for a 250? If anyone is using a Mikuni and has all the jetting sizes and slide cut away info I could get one over here though.
    What mods do you have to do to get the Mikuni to fit?

Thanks,
    john.
    Hi johnu, try these people who i use myself, they will sell you the right carb set for your bike, & i suggest you order some aleternative jets & spray tubes either side of what they set it at, just for fine tuning. http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/ regards, dave.

Comment

Thanks Dave!

Comment

Blimey Dave that's a great resource right there! They have some serious kit on there

Comment

I got in touch with Allens performance and they suggest a 32mm carb. They have settings for a 250 Silverstone (based on a Villiers engine) but not for the 250 Griffon so he said he would supply it jetted as the Silverstone. Also the flange mount is at 58mm bolt cntrs and on the Greeves it is 51mm. I hope I can just slot the holes to make it work. Is this what others have done?

Comment

Hi John no probs with adjusting the mount ..... I would not go with Silverstone jetting . Ask them if they have settings for 250 husky or Cz of same age
            On my QUB I used one set up for a 400 Maico purely because it came off a 400 Maico and it was spot on . Allens are top suppliers
            Cheers Kim

Comment

Slotting the holes is a bit naff, but it will work, i thread a piece of 5/16 alloy bar & screw in tight with locktite into the barrel threads, then cut off flush & trim with file.
              Then you can redrill anywhere across the manifold surface & its a much better job..........
              32mm is about right, start going any bigger on the throat size & it will change your power curve bias from low end to high end power characteristics.......depends on what you want.........hope this helps.......

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Actually I can't run a 34 anyway as it won't be eligible for AHRMA racing here! I found 32mm Mikuni's for $90 over here so I may just get one then change the jets to suit.

Comment

carb

try a dellorto if you need clean torque

Comment

Working...
                    X