TFS Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFS Exhaust

A long shot, but seeking an original exhaust for my TFS, the long one piece variety that runs up the RHS. Any suppliers? Would anyone lend me theirs so I could have a copy made?

Thank you.

Another member in need of a TFS exhaust has contacted me - anyone else? Possible group buy....

Comment

These are photos of the exhaust on my TFS. I am in Eastbourne, Sussex if thats any help. Tim
      Attached Files

Comment

TFS Exhaust.

Here's another pic, from the factory brochure hence size...hope it helps.

Brian.
        Attached Files

Comment

A good few years ago I purchased (at a very reasonable cost imo) from the GRA a copy of the plans for the original TFS exhaust.
          It looked a bit complicated for a dullard like me to make, however someone with a tad more skill than me could perhaps manufacture it.
          I'm sure these plans are still available, if not from the GRA archives then I'm sure I still have them somewhere

Colin

Comment

Thanks for the replies and pics.

Being new to the GRA, how do I go about purchasing the drawings for the exhaust? (Not wishing to deny the GRA of some additional revenue of course).

Can anyone recommend a manufacturer that could realise the drawings?

Thank you.

Comment

You contact Rob Thornton. Details are in Leading Link. Page 41 of the current issue.
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by ian640 View Post
                Thanks for the replies and pics.

Being new to the GRA, how do I go about purchasing the drawings for the exhaust? (Not wishing to deny the GRA of some additional revenue of course).

Can anyone recommend a manufacturer that could realise the drawings?

Thank you.
                Ian
                The actual silencer looks to be a cut down & modified Villiers. There were a couple of roadster silencers for sale with Roger Neale in Cambridge http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...iers+Silencers
                To my knowledge he still has them, they could form the basis of one for the TES

Comment

TFS Exhaust

Actually John it is not a cut down Villiers exhaust it is much smaller in diameter...John P

Comment

Originally posted by John Pattinson View Post
                    Actually John it is not a cut down Villiers exhaust it is much smaller in diameter...John P
                    Maybe, but something very similar could be made from the standard Villiers & it has the flanges top & bottom. The chances of finding an original are very slim & the small amount of bikes still around needing with these would not justify a batch being made. The front pipe could be made up from a car/van of suitable diameter with bends being cut & welded. Likewise could be made from stainless which then would not require chrome plating.
                    Last edited by John Wakefield; 23/06/2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Hi ian640,
                      I have dug out the said plans that I mentioned, there are some 30 odd pages of A4, but sadly no overall assembly plan.
                      If it is any help, pm an address and I can send you a copy of what I have.

Colin

Comment

Working...
                      X