Greeves Riders Association Forums   Greeves Riders Association Forums Not signed up? Send an email to contact@greeves-riders.org.uk requesting access.
Find out more about GRA membership and how to join here.

Go Back   Greeves Riders Association Forums > Machine-specific forums > Scrambles machines

Old 14/01/2018, 01:37 AM
GRA Member

Yes, my starter is a Solo bought from the original designer/manufacturer in the States, battery powered with a starter motor on each roller. I have started 750 Nortons and 980 BMWs, no problem.
Old 16/01/2018, 04:58 PM
Basic User

Angry Paddock starter

Hi all,
for information i have 3 challengers 2MX5s, 1MX3, and an Anglian, at 70 years old, kicking the life out of them and me has become a blasted chore, hence the third leg.
All engines have been built at Simons gearboxes at Geoff Nunns, all new electronic ignition, all new carb bits jets ect and still they all are absolute swine to start. I have other M/Cs all classics, they start easy but the Greeves i have found are very stubborn.
Have had the bikes to local mechanics, they cannot understand it .any ideas?
Old 16/01/2018, 05:41 PM
GRA Member

Hi Peter do we have the frame number of your MX 3 for our list .
Many thanks Simon
Old 16/01/2018, 06:47 PM
GRA Member

Location: North West. RAS, RCS,RDS & RES Silverstone, RFS Oulton, Super Cub, Burgman 400

Peter, Some electronic ignition systems need a bit more speed than a Kickstarter provides for the first start. I have a PVL on the Silverstone and the initial start may take a few seconds longer than subsequent spins. Also do you drain the carb at the end of the day? Because of the time between meetings I drain the tank and the carb, refilling when I get ready next time and have no problems. I also use Sunoco race fuel so guarantee no ethanol problems. Dogsbody