Electronic rev counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic rev counter

Has anyone fitted an electronic rev counter and do they just need a spark to operate or do you need a separate power source?
    Can anyone recommend a make?
    Richard

Scitsu. http://www.scitsu.com/
    self contained, run wire along HT lead -job done. Dogsbody

Comment

Electronic rev counter

Thanks Dogsbody looks like problem solved.

Comment

I would avoid the rechargeable one and use the version that has the 9v battery. The internal batteries only last a couple of seasons.

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but you've got the right answer, so - is anyone aware of a self-contained GPS speedometer? All the ones I can see on sale need an external power supply, which is a bit tricky on a Villiers-engine trials bike.

Any thoughts?
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin, Why not use an old Garmin sat nav? About 4 hour battery life, recharge in car, accurate speed reading. The older small screen probably last longer than the latest 5" screen and easier to mount. Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
              Slightly off-topic, but you've got the right answer, so - is anyone aware of a self-contained GPS speedometer? All the ones I can see on sale need an external power supply, which is a bit tricky on a Villiers-engine trials bike.

Any thoughts?
              If you just need a cheap speedo for a trials bike best idea is one of the cycle speedos available on line and from any cycle shop. You would need the wired version with a transponder fitted to the front forks & a spoke.
              Not GPS but cheap & effective.

Comment

Yes John most trials riders use these from push bikes , although i would not worry to much at all with a trials iron, you are hardly likely to set cameras a flashing with a Greeves

Comment

Thanks for the comments, but I want one that actually looks like a speedo. There are a fair number of GPS speedos on offer that look like proper ones but all seem to need an external power source.

By the way, it needs to fit into a TFS binnacle...

Oh well...
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

I am putting a 12 volt battery in a cylindrical tool box with a plug in charger for my Ranger 3 project. I don't need it for the speedometer however it might be a neat solution as it would only be a couple of small wires and would not need charging that often, though always good to keep batteries on trickle charge.

Comment

Working...
                    X