• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off road giants volume 3

andrew weslake is taking orders for his "new" book

andrewwestlake@yahoo.co.uk

gary
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 23/12/2018, 08:46 AM. Reason: Incorrect phone number removed

books

in the interest of club members and also featuring dave bickers andy did a special on !

Comment

Andy has kindly allowed me to publish his TMX News Dave Bickers appreciation in the December Leading Link.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

I lent Andrew my MX4 for His launch of the book in Frome.

Comment

I already have my copy! I also splashed out on a book about BSAs Maudes Trophy winning rides that saw 3 bikes picked at random, and with minimal preparation, did a long-distance tour of Europe and Scandinavia and incorporated the 1952 ISDT, where all 3 bikes won Gold medals. It is a rare insight into such an undertaking, as well as being an unusally descriptive account of the ISDT. One strange feature, as many of us have spent hours waterproofing bikes will be interested in, is the fact that the 3 BSAs were using standard magnetos with no waterproofing, but had no troubles in the wet event. The bikes that were also from BSA that were used by Trophy and Vase runners had problems with their "Waterproof" Wader magnetos sucking water in through the breather tubes.
          Where BSAs Dare is written from a manuscript by Norman Vanhouse, one of the riders involved, by his son Graham, and features updates and details of the Maudes Trophy events through the years. Highly recommended!

Comment

The number given for Andy Westlake is WRONG. This number has been taken over by a lady who is 'not a happy bunny' as she gets repeated calls for Andy Westlake.
            Looks like the number has been transferred as I myself had this number from an old GRA members list. I can confirm though that the the email address andywestlake@yahoo.co.uk IS CORRECT and anyone wanting to contact Andy should use that.

Comment

Working...
            X