25SA Renovation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vapour Blasting!

Hello mate, thanks for your kind and supportive response.

Have no fear, the Mighty Druid is still amongst us, casting his runes and keeping a watchful eye on proceedings from the ramparts. Thank goodness!

Brian.

Comment

Vapour blasting

Totally off topic, but what is life without humour!
      You two are not showing sufficient respect to your elders. My Runes are kept in a small varnished wooden box and haven't been cast for some time. Also my ramparts are in a poor state of repair.
      I will have my revenge young Dickerson, I often help Dave Harper with the lap scoring for the Greeves championship - you have been warned.
      As for you Thommo, words fail me, obviously not you though. You're hijacking the forum on your own. Welcome back mate. Piss-taking is a national sport second only to Angling.

Regards, the venerable Druid

Comment

Nice one JC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by druid View Post
          Totally off topic, but what is life without humour!
          You two are not showing sufficient respect to your elders. My Runes are kept in a small varnished wooden box and haven't been cast for some time. Also my ramparts are in a poor state of repair.
          I will have my revenge young Dickerson, I often help Dave Harper with the lap scoring for the Greeves championship - you have been warned.
          As for you Thommo, words fail me, obviously not you though. You're hijacking the forum on your own. Welcome back mate. Piss-taking is a national sport second only to Angling.

Regards, the venerable Druid
          Well, I guess it serves me right, I was after all fishing for a reply from our learned colleague, and he certainly didn't let me down. Aided by an even younger Thompson the razor like wit seems as sharp as ever, I nearly fell off my stool laughing when reading the responses, Greta thought I was having a fit.
          How's that for grovelling, Mr Lap scorer (Assistant part timer).

Comment

25sa

Hi Adrian,
            Another thing to concider for overheating the barrels is the alloy beam that sits infront of the barrels. That is what I have been looking at on my one.

Terry Sewell

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
              Well, I guess it serves me right, I was after all fishing for a reply from our learned colleague, and he certainly didn't let me down. Aided by an even younger Thompson the razor like wit seems as sharp as ever, I nearly fell off my stool laughing when reading the responses, Greta thought I was having a fit.
              How's that for grovelling, Mr Lap scorer (Assistant part timer).
              Have you made any progress with your 25SA? How many racers have you won on it ??????/

Comment

Stuart, whatever made you think that winning was the aim when coming to the line at Pre 65 events! Normally we think we've won just by managing to get the bike to start and run sufficiently to make it on to the line in the first place.
                Have to confess that I received a phone call from a fellow Pre65'er today on the topic of 2t scramblers which inspired me to visit the thread once again. I've subsequently re read it from start to finish and apart from the obvious embarassment of still not completing the project it has given me a very good chuckle. Thanks one and all for your humour, which scored heavily when compared to any sound advice received. It was a joy to re visit.
                While the project is still not complete it is by no means dead. Progress has been made in that designs of expansion chamber have materialised into first off models, a rare photo of one is attached. Encouraging results from engine testing were being scrupulously recorded up to the point where the selotape gave way and the chamber blew apart resulting in an unholy din which brought the entire neighbour watch team round in angry protest. The resulting furore left us with little option but to move house thus causing another delay in it's completion. Once settled into our new abode I'll make sure to post any further progress as/when it occurs.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Baskill View Post

If my memory works I think Adrian Armson of Mansfield tried tuning up a 2T for vintage racing years ago.He might have some info for you.
                  Stuart. I think this may be the bike that Adrian Armson may have built & ridden, actually a 25DB with single engine, currently on eBay at Mansfield https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145384814568
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post

Stuart. I think this may be the bike that Adrian Armson may have built & ridden, actually a 25DB with single engine, currently on eBay at Mansfield https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145384814568
                    I still think he tuned a 2T .I was once told by a person who raced a 2T in scrambles that they were slow out of corners but fast at the end of the straights.Another problem was mud on the fins which caused overheating.I had a 25SA that had a 36A fitted as that was a vastly superior engine.Dont forget that Brian Stonebridge tried to tune a 2T and gave up.

Comment

Working...
                    X