RDS g/box help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDS g/box help

The gearbox on my RDS has a persistent oil leak that I need to fix, it's on the gasket face between the inner casting and the main g/box case on the right hand side (hope this is making sense), So it looks like I need to remove the two side casings to do this. Is there anything in particular I need to know (never worked on one of these boxes before) about removing/refitting these parts of the g/box? Anything I need to look out for? Thanks in advance.

Mainshaft nut IS LEFT HAND THREAD!!! Dogsbody

Comment

The other thing is that you have to remove the shifter mechanism to get at one? of the screws holding the inner end cover to the gearbox shell. I have yet to find any information about how to correctly adjust this on reassembly as it has slots for the 1/4" studs that retain it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as I need to pull off the outer cover and check mine as I missed a couple of gears on the downshifts last weekend at Mosport and I think it over shifted into a neutral between the gear I was aiming for and the next one down, although this is with my newly fitted Nova 6-speed that hasn't given me any trouble for the first two races this year and I do not want to screw up my new cluster! It is always difficult in the heat of a race to decide if the box is giving trouble of whether it's me, and that's perfectly possible.

Thanks,
      Stan

Comment

Working...
      X