motocross des nations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motocross des nations.

Not strictly greeves related, but defo worth a mention.
    The mortimer club hosted the 2015 motocross des nations, which was held on sat 5th at bennets hill, & was an event to remember.
    The racing itself was electric & any true motocross fan, had to stand in total admiration of the pace these top guys set........
    If this was not enough, at the interval we were given the opportunity to watch some of the legends of yesteryear getting back out on the track for a good few laps of nostalgia.
    Being mobbed on the start line would not be an exageration, these guys were very popular & probably the last chance anyone is going to get to see all these great names on a track together again.
    Jeff smith, don & derick rickman, triss sharp, bill gwynne, john giles, dave curtis, & others all in there eighties or close to it, giving the large crowds a real treat.
    The famous number 4, jeff smith getting loud on the goldie, bill gwynne with don rickman following, & john giles, ex triumph works rider throwing up some dust.... & a pic from the start line.
    Sorry about the angle of the last two pics, can`t sort it...... well done to all the english riders & get well to bryan sharp, who was due to attend, but has apparently suffered a stroke.
    Attached Files

Wow must have been a fantastic event!

Dave - wish I had been able to make it - as you say a one off - thanks for sharing
    Cheers Kim

Comment

Wow sounds like a great day out. John Giles is one of my dads mates, hope I can still ride when I get to that age!

Comment

Hi kim, johnu, it was a great day & as for john giles, i don`t think anyone told him it was only a bit of fun.....as he shot off the start line like bullet & was gone....leaving the rest wondering what was happening.....
        But as i said before, great privalige to watch these legends all on the track together.......

Comment

Hi Dave thanks for sharing this and good on yer for posting those piccies
          Many of you will probably know John Giles was a long time president of the pre 65 club and rode for many years. its good to hear he hasn't changed as he was always like a bullet of the start line and such a gent.
          Great venue for this event aswell.
          Rob
          Punchy 336

Comment

Working...
          X