Battlesbridge Show 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlesbridge Show 2014

The Battlesbridge Classic Bike Show is on Sunday 6th July.

The Pre '65 lads will be doing their "demonstrations" and hopefully a good selection of Greeves machines will be on show.

I will be offering signed copies of my new book at a good price.

I will also have a modest selection of GRA regalia for sale.

I hope to be playing with a couple of bikes at lunch time, so I might not be about during the lunch break, but I'll be at our marquee before and after lunch.

Hope to see you there.
    Colin Sparrow

Hi Colin,

The Chappells will be in attendance with a big display this year.

My 360 MX4 and Dads 24mx4 from the book will be on display, as will my uncle Chris' 380 Griffon plus many others, there will be trials bikes in various stages of rebuild aswell.

Remember me and Dad would like a signed copy of the book please Colin, If you can mention the relevant bikes to each copy that would be fantastic.

Uncle Chris got his copy of the book today? I thought it was being released on the 28th?

Ive got to clean the 360 tomorrow after the mud at Marks Tey 2 weeks ago.

See you all soon

Scott

Comment

That's great news Scott, the display looked a bit thin last year without your presence. Your books are already put to one side as requested.

In the end they were released earlier than the publisher had indicated.

On the other hand, the Battlesbridge Show price will be £25.00. Signed.
      Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 25/06/2014, 08:58 AM.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Battlesbridge

Colin
        I would be grateful if you could reserve and sign a book for me also, unfortunately I wont be there this year but I'll ask Adrian to collect it for me if thats ok?
        Rob Dickerson.
        Punchy 336

Comment

No problem Rob, it will be my pleasure. Sorry not to see you though.

By the way, there'll be a picture of you at Stebbing in the August Leading Link...
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Battlesbridge

Thanks Colin much appreciated, and be ready as usual, to accept the brown envelope
            Rob
            Punchy 336

Comment

Battlesbridge postcode

Hiya all,
              Can somebody tell me postcode for Battlesbrige. Had it , now lost it. Many thanks. Mick.

Comment

Google reveals that it is SS11 7RF...
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Battlesbridge postcode

Cheers Colin,
                  Don't forget my signed copy. Many thanks. Mick.

Comment

Battlesbridge

Hi, anybody know if there is more than one entrance if your taking a bike in, as I can't get there till approx 09.30 - 10am. stuart

Comment

Yes there are 2 entrances, at least!

Comment

The one for the classic bikes is normally up the narrow lane

Comment

There are two entrances. Bikes for display enter by turning off onto the drive up to the railway station, just down from the railway bridge.

If you miss that entrance or you don't have a bike you can still get in further down the hill.

You can get a bike in that way as well.
                          Colin Sparrow

Comment

A very good day yesterday, once the showers stopped - which they did mid-morning. A bit of water was to our advantage because it prevented the clouds of dust from the pre '65 lads at play.

The news about Dave Bickers was a bit of a dampener, but we all felt happy to carry on - 'cos that's what he'd have wanted.

Sold enough books that I'll have to obtain some more stock. Thanks guys, hope you like it!

Highlight of the day for me? Half-a-dozen laps of the circuit on Dave Harper's newly rebuilt 500cc Greeves prototype scrambler from 1971. What a beast!
                            Didn't get it out of second on the little circuit and was pretty circumspect with the throttle, but what a privilege.

Thanks Dave. He's rebuilt it very well. I was even able to kick-start it myself!
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                            X