Electrix World ignition system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrix World ignition system.

Just bought an electrix world ignition kit, & looking at it, the quality seems superior to most pvl systems, which is good because its british & pvl, i believe is german.
    The sales catalogue lists numerous applications, but not for the griffons Unfortunately, but challengers & villiers etc.
    I know the druid uses them, with no probs & they are a good few quid cheaper, so a bargain all round!, and i didn`t even mention the war!!!..

That's terrible news Dave, for years Druid and family have kept us all entertained pushing Gold Stars and the like up and down the paddock in vain attempts to get them started. Does the purchase of this kit by Druid mean that he will now be deprived of his weekly exercise. If so, I'm very concerned for his well being, as his previously honed torso could now degenerate into something quite unrecognisable and totally unhealthy!

Comment

Hi, just fitted one to a 250 griffon, goes pretty good to, did experience a duff new coil though. I must point out that you take your time and set it up properly with a degree disc, Also mark the stator and flywheel with tippex at FA (full advance) and TDC. Once fitted run up the engine and attach a strobe to find out exactly where the spark is at. You can also view the advance and retard as the revs climb.You will be rewarded with a very sweet free revving engine that should have a tick over like a trials bike.

willie

Comment

electrix world

hi

villiers services are also now agents for the villiers set up electrix world

Villiers Services : - Tools / Workshop Accessories Villiers Parts Motorcycles for sale General motorcycle spares Oils / Paint / Consumables Diecast Models Brake Shoe Re-Lining Service Gift Vouchers Trials Parts Amc Two Stroke (James/ Barnett) Greeves Spares Helmets / Clothes etc ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping, store

cheers charlie

Comment

Electrex Ignition.

You are only partially right young Dickerson. I did use to have to bump start the bikes occasionally but not the Goldie, I've never been fit or strong enough to do that. I currently run a Lucas magneto, Electrex, Boyer and Motoplat depending on the bike but they all seem to be reliable.

You are perfectly correct regarding the finely honed physique. It has gone to pot, literally, since i retired and took up eating and drinking to excess. Let that be a lesson to all of you!

Druid

Comment

I first bought an Electrex set-up for my TZ Yamaha racing bike to replace the Femsa fitted. It has worked fine and got rid of a load of problems which I had always thought were ignition based.

On the strength of this, I bought one from Steve at Villiers Services for my Anglian and it has worked fine. Only problem I had was not having a peg spanner to hold the flywheel for tightening but have since made one. I set the timing using the marks, by eye but I think I need to strobe it as the bike seems to run a bit hot.

The figure given in the instructions for 'piston btdc' did not align mathematically with the figure for degrees btdc quoted. I have found with the Yamaha system that the timing for Electrex is very different to previous types but it must be right as it goes OK and hasn't seized.

Anybody using Electrex on Villiers and have a timing figure please?

My TES has a Nametab system and that works fine too.

Comment

Rob hi. The combustion chamber on the Anglian is very poor, also modern fuel is sh_t. The std Villiers 250cc advance of 4mm/26 degrees was/is pretty extreme. You can easy knock the ignition back to around 21 degrees maybe slightly less on the Anglian. This also helps in keeping the heat down! The Electrix units are quite superb, but they must fitted correctly, set up with a timing disc then a strobe, know exactly whats going on in your engine.

Willie

ps. would like to add some pictures without spending £22 any ideas please?

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                Just bought an electrix world ignition kit, & looking at it, the quality seems superior to most pvl systems, which is good because its british & pvl, i believe is german.
                The sales catalogue lists numerous applications, but not for the griffons Unfortunately, but challengers & villiers etc.
                I know the druid uses them, with no probs & they are a good few quid cheaper, so a bargain all round!, and i didn`t even mention the war!!!..
                Hi David,

I have installed two...250 Griffon and MX4...very pleased so far...380 Griffon next in line.

Kenny

Comment

ps. would like to add some pictures without spending £22 any ideas please?[/QUOTE]

Could have stuck with points and bought a digi instead!

Comment

Adrian, subtle as always, no villiers 340, i think you may be missing the point of this club, we all pay the membership subscriptions, so the club can finance all its activities & cover its running costs.
                    If everbody stayed a basic member, the club would not exist.
                    Why not join up & benifit from being a full member, the gra is always looking for new blood!, rob`s had all mine & adrians is full of alcohol......

Comment

ignition

wonder when willl they do one for the twins ! 2t 3t 4t i was going to mod a pazion system

i think the coil they use is same as fantic green white and red
                      (coulours of italian flag wireing !)

fantic coils made buy zanussi (appliance of science).

Comment

Electrex

For ages I blamed poor running on my new Electrex ignition but it turned out to be a blocked exhaust baffle. I am really very satisfied with the performance of the Electrex and have 'hit' on a good setup without the need for a dial gauge/disc. Bike ticke over and picks up beautifully. shame about the rider

Comment

I am in the process of trying some timing changes. I was going to try a strobe but have since been told that the curve messes things up a bit and does not give a straightforward reading.

I have spoken to a Scottish owner who retarded his a bit and found it much better (similar method to tweaking a mini - turn the distributor until it's right!). Unfortunately, he had not measured the setting - it worked and he was happy with it.

My Anglian is very sharp and seems to get pretty hot quickly which leads me to believe it is over-advanced. That is with the standard timing figure as supplied.

Does anyone have a figure that does work well?

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Rob, why don`t you try tweaking as your friend did, sometimes the ear is better than a strobe, manufactuers settings dont account for time lag due to wear & tear, what settings work well on one engine, may not be the best for yours. dave.

Comment

Dave - that's what's annoying me - there is no wear and tear! Fahron barrel, new piston, crank by Mike Palmer, new mains and vitron seals, new carb and ignition - even a new spark plug! All carefully measured and put together.

My dear old Enfield just gets fed a diet of scrap and keeps going perfectly.

There's a moral there somewhere!

As Spike Milligan said - 'if you don't have a plan, you can't fail'!

Comment

Working...
                              X