BSA gearbox for MX3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi fellas
    I seem to have stirred up a bit of a hornets nest with my gearbox enquiry!
    To put you in the picture I use the bike for hillclimbs and twisty sprints where a slick gearchange can make the difference between top three or nowhere.
    The rules only state that the bike or parts are pre-72 so no problems there,however I do sympathize with some of the points raised and if I was on a track with riders having to cope with the same shortcomings of a particular model then I would leave things standard.
    I compete against Ducatis,Suzuki T20's and some very quick Villiers engined Greeves so for me any advantage is worth having.

Cheers Allan

Comment

HI Allan,
      Sounds like a griffon gearbox would definately be the way to go for what you want.. Good luck with your quest
      Cheers Kim
      p.s and come and join us for a Greeves championship race where you would be most welcome

Comment

Re the eligibility concern, I was lucky enough to attend the Pontrilas round of the British classic championship when I was in the UK in April last year. I can't speak for championship round eligibility, but the support pre73 races had what appeared to be a Falta CZ, and definately a 75 Ossa Phantom competing. We all want to increase numbers on the line, but the bikes either fit the class or not, and that includes any "visible' major components. It's either correct or not.
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X