Greeves Riders Association Forums   Greeves Riders Association Forums Not signed up? Send an email to contact@greeves-riders.org.uk requesting access.
Find out more about GRA membership and how to join here.

Go Back   Greeves Riders Association Forums > General forums > Projects

Old 31/03/2018, 08:35 PM
GRA Member

That's the ones Brian. I've now changed the connectors so many times I've forgotten what the starting point was.
Old 31/03/2018, 08:54 PM
GRA Member

I had one of those . Amazing that they sold them like that
Old 07/04/2018, 12:23 PM
GRA Member

There you go paul, all up & running............
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM
GRA Member

Default It Lives....hahahahahaha

So the saga might just be coming to an end. After I've repeatedly failed to get the griffon started, Dr Higgins has given it some serious CPR and the venerable beast has coughed and splutter back to life after at least 17 years of cold storage. Turns out the professionally done engine rebuild was sub standard - the crank cases were not sealed properly so the bottom end was failing to hold pressure. I could have been trying to kick it over and bump start it for another 17 years before spotting this. My local bike emporium didn't spot it either so I'm not going to be too hard on myself.

I've taken the bike out for a trial run on a bit of waste ground and it goes like stink Can't wait to try it out properly at Maylandsea on 6th May - any of you chaps booked on?

I do need to replace the fork springs though. Can anyone suggest where I might get some for the cerianis. I've talked to Hagons, who couldn't help. They suggested Terry Sewell but he's not answering his phone (as usual) . less than 2 weeks until race day so if you can help it would be much appreciated.

Paul
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM
GRA Member

Location: 69 250 and 72 QUB Griffons and loan of Dad's 62 MDS Iron Barrel (occasionally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggy Welly View Post
So the saga might just be coming to an end. After I've repeatedly failed to get the griffon started, Dr Higgins has given it some serious CPR and the venerable beast has coughed and splutter back to life after at least 17 years of cold storage. Turns out the professionally done engine rebuild was sub standard - the crank cases were not sealed properly so the bottom end was failing to hold pressure. I could have been trying to kick it over and bump start it for another 17 years before spotting this. My local bike emporium didn't spot it either so I'm not going to be too hard on myself.

I've taken the bike out for a trial run on a bit of waste ground and it goes like stink Can't wait to try it out properly at Maylandsea on 6th May - any of you chaps booked on?

I do need to replace the fork springs though. Can anyone suggest where I might get some for the cerianis. I've talked to Hagons, who couldn't help. They suggested Terry Sewell but he's not answering his phone (as usual) . less than 2 weeks until race day so if you can help it would be much appreciated.

Paul
nice one Soggy great news see you at Maylandsea . You could try heavier weight oil as a short term measure
Cheers Kim
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
GRA Member

Or a couple of your legendary cable ties around the stanchions to stop the forks bottoming I'll ring around a few places tomorrow.

I'll be going down the night before in the motorhome so will have a few brewski's chilling in the fridge. Looking forward to meeting up again Kim.