No announcement yet.

325 East Coaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony, You need to reposition the kickstarter further forward as in pic.
    You can get the kick starter shaft end cap from VS, you eill have to file the slot for kick starter lever as VS only supply the blank
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 23/02/2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Okay, thanks

here is Gary on the bike
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXe5_gX2Sc

Comment

DVLA V55C rejection

The V55C application was rejected because:

"You have not enclosed your original non Uk registration certificate. In order to register an imported vehicle you must provide the original non UK registration certificate or export certificate, photocopies are not acceptable."

Having discussed with them that the evidence provided is proof of export and import - GRA authentication certificate and HM Nova form - which states

"Thank you for your vehicle import notification

An application can now be made to register and license the vehicle"

- good enough for me, obviously not the DVLA

Apparently they will reject applications that do not have the export evidence, then on second application and covering letter stating why you don't have it, will rely on Club authentication.

Having done quite a few of these I have never had a rejection like this, are they tightening up I wonder?

So I will explain there are no export certificates and include a photo of the rear light unit with the Randy Wilson sticker on - hopefully evidence enough that it did indeed get exported to the USA.

There I was thinking I could have some nice rides on it over Easter

Comment

Oh dear. If that's the way things are going we're going to have problems in the absence of the export-bike factory dispatch records.

Also, most exported bikes were competition models and possibly never registered abroad, so how do we go on with those?

Having said that, a re-imported Anglian we authenticated last November has since been successfully registered.

I do hope this is a glitch rather than a policy change.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

This has wider implications, what about bikes that are imported from other countries that originated there. ie vehicles such as USA Chevy pickups, quite a few of those have been imported, and scooters imported from Italy there seems to be quite a trade in these, but presumably they come over with their original documents. Tony's East Coaster would have been road registered in the USA (did you declare it as previously road registered Tony?) but presumably documents lost. Do you have the US reg number which would be proof of registration?
            The problem looks to be that the EC has been previously road registered in the USA but Anglians, TFS, and Rangers are classed as off road bikes.
            Presumably if some form of documentation cannot be supplied to satisfy DVLA then a single vehicle approval will have to be done with a Q plate issued.
            Colin it may be a good idea to take this up with the Federation of British Historic Vehicles Club (FBHVC) as I understand the GRA are affiliated to them.

Comment

No American registration.

I have sent supplementary evidence which shows the dealership where it was shipped to:

A camera dated picture when it was bought showing it in America.

Also the details of the other known 324 East Coasters, which are all in the USA.

Not sure I can do much else to prove it was exported to the USA.

The NOVA form should be have enough as it is issued by HMI Custom & Excise and they were happy that there was no duty outstanding. To be imported it must have been exported - or am I missing something

Comment

Might be a good idea to phone them Tony and talk it through with someone.

Comment

Already tried that
                  Rejection due to no export certificate - re apply giving reasons and any supplementary evidence - done that so I will wait and see.

Comment

I can never understand why obtaining goods from USA is such a bind - after all aren't they supposed to be our 'best friends'

Comment

Never an issue getting goods from the states, the issues start when the goods arrive in the UK. All my woes are due to custom & excise and the Post office who charge handling on top of the postage.

Comment

Backbox

I am not sure if it ever had a back box however this one came up and it is an early Craven the same as the panniers. It has faded the same so matches well, and now there is even more room for my sandwiches

Comment

Oh well done, Tony. What a great addition to an already super bike! Do post a picture once you've got it installed.

Got fingers crossed for your registration.
                          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Regisration

Registration just came through the post. To make sure there were no more hassles I included the American Title which I was reluctant to do as it stated it was Green and 1963. So Colin could it actually be late 1963 as per title or do we assume that the title was copied incorrectly? Not that it matters as it is not a 'Q' plate and it is not the only bike I have that has the wrong year,

Right lets get a number plate for ATL 237A

Comment

1963 is right for the 32DD. 1963 was the last year of production (and also the 32DC), but of course it may have been 2 years later before your bike got sold in USA. Frame probably hung around at the factory until sold off to Randy Wilson.
                              The nearest UK 32DD119 was registered in Feb 1964 so again probably maufactured in 1963

Comment

Congratulations Tony.

Always a relief to hear that one of my "customers" has actually managed to obtain a number - if only because it demonstrates that my authentication letter was sufficiently convincing.
                                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                                X