TFS & MDS Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFS & MDS Projects

Two new projects on the go soon ,first a TFS rolling chassis I have just brought needs complete rebuild but all there. I have a 32A engine but need a challenger type head & barrel if anyone has one for sale or px for a 32A barrel and piston in very good condition on standard bore.I will post photos through the rebuild.
    Next is a MDS rolling chassis that my good friend Bob Rolph (well known in the pre65 club) has brought which he is going to fit a very special BSA B40 engine in so Mr higgins we may be in touch for so advise.Photos will be posted of both rebuilds as they progress.
    I will be on the lookout for TFS parts at the AGM if anyone has some for sale.
    Simon

Good man simon, projects like the one you are about to start, will allow others to see how its done, as they say " a picture tells a thousand words "
    Good luck with it.

Comment

Thanks Dave ,when I showed Bob photos of your Greeves BSA C15 he was mighty impressed so hope you don`t mind if we ask you a few questions.
      Simon

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
        Two new projects on the go soon ,first a TFS rolling chassis I have just brought needs complete rebuild but all there. I have a 32A engine but need a challenger type head & barrel if anyone has one for sale or px for a 32A barrel and piston in very good condition on standard bore.I will post photos through the rebuild.
        Next is a MDS rolling chassis that my good friend Bob Rolph (well known in the pre65 club) has brought which he is going to fit a very special BSA B40 engine in so Mr higgins we may be in touch for so advise.Photos will be posted of both rebuilds as they progress.
        I will be on the lookout for TFS parts at the AGM if anyone has some for sale.
        Simon
        Sounds like another excellent candidate for stage-by-stage photos and a nice write-up for Leading Link. How about it, Simon?

Considering that the TFS was only in production for one year, it's interesting to see how many are emerging and how popular they've become.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Couple of photos of TFS and MDS ,luckily the TFS has original tank bit battered and the important Speedo gearbox in the rear hub.
          Attached Files

Comment

Two good solid bases to build from there simon, is that all your friend has of the mds, or have you started stripping it?
            Nice set of akront flanged rims to!

Comment

No have not touched them yet ,he`s got a nos steel tank which came with the MDS and thats it .The tank on the TFS is a bit dented but should be able to get that sorted.Yes good basis to start as all the main parts are there ,the rear loop on the TFS has been cut off and will need welding back on.You met Bob at Windwhistle a couple of years ago he was riding a 1974 CCM.
              Photos of you and Bob at Windwhistle.
              Simon
              Had to put photo of you and Greeves in front of a CZ
              Attached Files

Comment

The truth is, the cz pulled over to let me through........ nice chap!
                Any help you need on the greeves/bsa, no problem!

Comment

Made a start on the TFS ,I rebuilt the wheels using the Borrani rims from the MDS .The engine and gearbox have both been rebuilt with new bearings and seals and I managed to get a complete TFS top end on standard bore with new piston and rings( thank you Scott) just need to sort out ignition.I have also managed to get correct speedo and housing.
                  Frame stripped down and ready to be blasted.
                  Will post more photos when frame back and painted.
                  Simon
                  Attached Files

Comment

Blimey that is never going to be ready for Popham

Comment

Caus it be ready for popham 2021

Comment

Working...
                      X