Hello to you Guys and Gals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to you Guys and Gals.

Hello to you all, I have just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Ken and I will be signing in as Supergrandad. I currently ride a BSA Thunderbolt which I have just restored, a Triumph America which my wife and I use for touring. I also ride off road in trials and ride a Fantic 200. I hope in the very near future to purchase a Greeves trials bike. Very exciting for me as I have always loved the early Greeves trials bike.
    I have been riding since my 16th birthday which was 50 year ago. I started trials riding in the North West of the UK riding mainly in Cumbria and the Dales.
    Had many bikes and been all over Europe mostly 2 up. I could write forever but this gives a little picture of things as they stand right now.
    I will keep the forum posted if my purchase comes off which I hope will be within the next week or so. I am sure your help and knowledge will come in handy when I finally have my bike.
    Regards all and Ride Safe Ken.

Should have added my location is Suffolk.
    Last edited by Supergrandad; 25/03/2018, 08:46 PM.
    One Life Live it

Another Super Grandad!!

Welcome aboard, S/Grandad. Great to know that there is another Greeves-enthusiastic Grandad resident in my home county. You're joining a very select Club here! Upgrade to GRA membership and you'll have full access to all the help and guidance that the Forum has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
      Welcome aboard, S/Grandad. Great to know that there is another Greeves-enthusiastic Grandad resident in my home county. You're joining a very select Club here! Upgrade to GRA membership and you'll have full access to all the help and guidance that the Forum has to offer.
      John thanks for the reply, I certainly will join the GRA. I have the forms here for filling in now. Looking at your avatar your into lets call it its proper name scrambling ?
      Ken.
      One Life Live it

Comment

Nice one Ken, new here myself and a grandad too, best job in the world!!
        The club is a true blessing and there is a wealth of knowledge not found anywhere else so welcome aboard. Carl

Comment

Originally posted by CarlT View Post
          Nice one Ken, new here myself and a grandad too, best job in the world!!
          The club is a true blessing and there is a wealth of knowledge not found anywhere else so welcome aboard. Carl
          Cheers for the welcome, hope to have the bike this week. I will have to sort out how to post pictures and share with you guys. Ride Safe Ken.
          One Life Live it

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Ken, and do go ahead with acquiring your Greeves - you won't regret it (hopefully ).

There's all the help you need on here and within the GRA.

If you decide to join us and upgrade to full forum membership you can find out most things you need to know by using the forum's search facility.

If you can't find the answer, feel free to ask.

I, too, qualify as a Suffolk granddad...
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
              Welcome to the forum, Ken, and do go ahead with acquiring your Greeves - you won't regret it (hopefully ).

There's all the help you need on here and within the GRA.

If you decide to join us and upgrade to full forum membership you can find out most things you need to know by using the forum's search facility.

If you can't find the answer, feel free to ask.

I, too, qualify as a Suffolk granddad...
              Thanks Colin, I do have the membership form for filling in here now. I will get it off this week. I had noticed that you are in Suffolk before joining the forum. I was looking for info on getting the bike an age related or V5 log book. I see you are the man to appraise me of the process. But yes I need to get the bike first and hopefully that will be this week. Regards Ken.
              One Life Live it

Comment

Originally posted by Supergrandad View Post
                I see you are the man to appraise me of the process. But yes I need to get the bike first and hopefully that will be this week. Regards Ken.
                I most certainly am, Ken, should be no problem at all.

But do try to buy one with an un-bodged frame number...

(I daresay you know where to look for it, but just in case, stamped into the alloy beam on the left-hand side of the steering head).
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                  I most certainly am, Ken, should be no problem at all.

But do try to buy one with an un-bodged frame number...

(I daresay you know where to look for it, but just in case, stamped into the alloy beam on the left-hand side of the steering head).
                  All understood. I will know more about the machine later. I has taken me 6 months to get the guy to wheel it out of his garage of many bikes. This is now done and the bike is up and running. He sent me new photos last night and is arranging time for me to visit and ride the bike this week. Pictures certainly look good and it all sounds very good. Time will tell.
                  One Life Live it

Comment

Welcome Ken! I am getting excited for your new project already! The story so far is intriguing, and, whilst I am sure you do not wish to tempt fate at the moment, it would be good to hear the background to your purchase once it is a done deal.

I am glad you have added your real name! There are quite a few granddads on here; in fact, I am a great-granddad!

How about getting a shopping list together for your new bike and coming to the AGM? It has the best Greeves jumble anywhere!

Ian

ps I just had a thought, I guess you need to be a member first. Get those forms in!
                    Last edited by IanCordes; 26/03/2018, 06:24 PM. Reason: Afterthought....

Comment

Yes welcome to the greeves Forum, I as Colin are on the GRA Committee and if you are free on the 8th of April why not come to the Greeves get together day at Kidlington Oxford, I am sure you will be made most welcome ,loads of greeves spares, bikes, and a good talk will be given about Greeves by Andrew King . cant be missed cheers Dicky faggetter

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
                        Welcome Ken! I am getting excited for your new project already! The story so far is intriguing, and, whilst I am sure you do not wish to tempt fate at the moment, it would be good to hear the background to your purchase once it is a done deal.

I am glad you have added your real name! There are quite a few granddads on here; in fact, I am a great-granddad!

How about getting a shopping list together for your new bike and coming to the AGM? It has the best Greeves jumble anywhere!

Ian

ps I just had a thought, I guess you need to be a member first. Get those forms in!
                        Ian, thanks for reply, Filled out the forms today for Membership. I cannot make the 8th other things on. But I might try.
                        Well I got the bike today so all good.
                        I need to know a few things to move forward which I believe once a member the spec and info will become clear to me via machine info etc.
                        But It has Ceriani Forks which need an oil change How Much Oil and what grade.? I was thinking of 7.5 weight and 200 ml. Th engine is a 37A how much gear box oil.? Is ATF good for these bikes.? How much oil is in the clutch housing and what grade of oil etc.? Is it ok to use Synthetic 2 stroke oil and to what ratio, 50 to 1 ? If anybody has this info for me it would be very good of you. Regards Ken.
                        One Life Live it

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
                          Yes welcome to the greeves Forum, I as Colin are on the GRA Committee and if you are free on the 8th of April why not come to the Greeves get together day at Kidlington Oxford, I am sure you will be made most welcome ,loads of greeves spares, bikes, and a good talk will be given about Greeves by Andrew King . cant be missed cheers Dicky faggetter
                          Cheers Dick nice of you to reply. Got my bike but need to do a little cleaning and oil changing etc. I have replied to Ian with a few questions if you know any answers please feel free to chip in.
                          Ken. Engine is a 37A Forks Ceriani. When I learn ho to post some pics I will.
                          One Life Live it

Comment

Welcome Ken, I am looking forward to reading how you get on with the build

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                              Welcome Ken, I am looking forward to reading how you get on with the build
                              Thank you Tony now got the bike picked it up today. Need to do a bit of oil changing etc. I need some numbers/amount of oil if you or anybody else has these to hand. Plus is ATF ok for the gear box or does it need gear oil etc. Engine is 37A, Forks Ceriani.
                              Filled out the membership form today so looking forward to that.
                              Regards Ken.
                              One Life Live it

Comment

Working...
                              X