No announcement yet.

Anglian Enduro 2 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mike, Roger said it is post office red - which probably means there are loads of different shades - bit like moorland .......... , there is no RAl code for it, but there is a RGB reference - 165;57;60.

Comment

Moorland Red....

Hi mate,

I've had a dig for you but can't find anything conclusive sadly.

However, as far as RAL colours go, 3020 ('Traffic Red') looks like it might be worth a look if you can see a sample in daylight....

Another possibility might be 3001 ('Signal Red'), but you could really do with seeing them rather than looking at pics on a screen.

Good hunting Tony, and hope you find an answer.

Brian.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 04/05/2016, 09:09 PM. Reason: Links added.

Comment

Ask Roger Ennis what he uses.

Comment

Post Office Red....

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
          Ask Roger Ennis what he uses.
          ...see post #16....!

Comment

Tank repaired

I have just got the tank back from Jason @ CW Classics, another good repair - dent free for the moment
            I am unsure whether to use it on the bike or fit the larger tank that the other Anglian Enduro has.

Here it is with the small TES tank

Here it is with the larger tank, what is original who only knows

the dull chrome has gone in a few places however a little silver Hammerite will blend well enough.
            I think the larger one looks better and is easy to fix on.

I picked up a Lucas MCH66 head lamp at Paul's (Cotton Villiers) last auto jumble so I might even put the lights back on as it had originally.

Like this

Comment

Nice job done by Dave , looks great Tony, i thought the bent Greeves you see about were designed by Bert for cambers, swing arms are a regular for a bit ot straightening, ask mike Norris ?grinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Comment

Rear Mudguard

I have just tried fitting the new rear mudguard (now in stock @ Villiers Services) and there is a gap of over an inch where the rear brackets should touch the mudguard.

After much head scratching I realised that the rear frame hoop is bent up at a much steeper angle than it would have been originally.

Bent up

Less steep on the Anglian Enduro 1

Over the middle bracket

So, do I have spacers to reach the mudguard, or go over the middle bracket which makes it fit but means the seat needs to be raised with extra brackets?
                I 'm sure that the Anglian Enduro 1 rear mudguard has been flattened slightly to fit even though the angle is not as steep.

Suggestions please
                Last edited by tony; 27/02/2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Looks like easiest solution is to fit spacers (probably rubber or soft plastic) between brackets & mudguard. The brackets are welded centrally on tube & not flush with bottom of tube so what ever you do there will be a gap without spacers.

Comment

Mudguards fitted

I bought some alloy spacers from a boat chandlers, they always seem to have something that fits

Both mudguards fitted, tank to sort and carburettor and should be good to go

Comment

Anglian Enduro Randy Wilson Specification

Thanks to Kenny for sending this document which shows the Randy Wilson specification for the American Anglian Enduro (East Coast). Lights as standard full width hubs, large steel tank etc.

Last edited by tony; 03/04/2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

That's a nice bike Tony
                        Interesting prices I will put the boat out and have one of each

Comment

Interesting indeed. In 1967 the $ traded at 2.80/£, which means the top the range Challenger would be only £462. But wait........£462 in 1967 had the buying power of £7,888 in 2017 money. A current top of the range 250 motocrosser will set you back a little over £6k. I'd venture to say that the 2018 product is a touch better in every respect than a Thundersley Flyer and three quarters of the price. So once again, the old farts are confounded, things HAVE got better.

Oh and in November 1967 we got the "Pound in your pocket" speech from Harold Wilson, which made things even worse.

Comment

Working...
                          X