Update on Dave Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Dave Harper

I had quite a long chat with Dave tonight. The problem he has is that although the heart procedure was successful, the medication they gave him did not agree and made Dave very ill. He was taken back to hospital as at that stage they did not know what was wrong. Once they discovered the cause, they sent him home again.

Dave is currently rather down in the dumps as he is in pain and can hardly move due to severe pain in his joints, etc. He said it was a miracle he managed to get to the phone in time to answer it!

It really would cheer Dave up to receive a few cards or phone calls. Come on, get down to the shop, buy a card and send it to Dave at:

99 Tye Fields,
    Pitsea,
    Essex,
    SS13 1JB

For anyone interested in Greeves and scrambling, this is the very least we can do for Dave. He contributes so much to our hobby and if you had seen him in action up at Kendal, you would know what I mean. If you want to give him a call and don't have his number, ping me a PM and I'll let you have it.

As if all this wasn't bad enough, he missed Telford as well which I don't think has helped!

Thanks for your attention.

Rob

Rob thanks for the update . I was worried about him . He is a top bloke and is the lifeblood of the Greeves Championship . He works so hard for us
    I will call Dave tomorrow
    Cheers Kim

Comment

Keep on the up Dave, you are the life and Soul of the Greeves pre 65 Scrambles from year 1, look forward to seeing you up and around soon .cheers Dicky

Comment

I had a call tonight from Dave Harper reporting that he is back in Basildon hospital where he is likely to remain for about a week. Dave did not sound at all well. Apparently, the cause of his problem due to the medication is now understood but this has now caused kidney problems.

Dave is relieved to be back in hospital as he was finding living on his own at home very difficult. The problem caused his joints to suffer and once sitting down, he had great difficulty getting up again.

Daves main concern at the moment is being well enough to attend the Greeves Annual Gathering on the 2nd April.

Come on all you Greeves Series riders, rally to the cause and send Dave your best wishes, it would mean a lot to him. I will remind you of his address so that you have no excuse!

It is: 99 Tye Fields, Pitsea, Essex, SS13 1JB.

Let's hope the treatment sorts him out this time.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dave!

Rob

Comment

Sounds like a donation of Emu oil is needed! Get well soon Dave, we need you!

Comment

Dave Harper Update

Long chat with Dave on the phone yesterday evening .... He is still in hospital but is making some progress but really struggling with mobility... He is hoping to be out soon and his goal is to make it to the first Greeves round at Marks Tey on the 26th even in a wheel chair ..... Keep all the best wishes going .cheers Kim

Comment

I understand that as of this last Sunday Dave was still in hospital! Does anyone have any further news please?

Comment

Dave phoned me tonight to say he was still in hospital and would not be at Kidlington. Poor old Dave has been there a month now. Today, some bigwigs were supposed to have seen him but that didn't happen and he is now expecting them on Monday.

As you can imagine, he feels pretty fed up. Only bright spot is that at least he is being looked after!

Should you wish to send him a card, his post is being picked up from home and taken to him. The system failled though as he has not got his Leading Link yet!

Let's just hope they sort him out soon now the season has started!

Comment

Hi Adrian I spoke to Dave Monday evening to update him on the first round . Geoff is visiting to drop off lap scoring sheets.
                  He reckons probably 2 more weeks ..... Waiting for CD-R scan results etc so please all keep in touch to keep up his spirits
                  Cheers Kim

Comment

Hi Rob, Kim, many thanks for advising of Daves progress. Frustrating for him I'm sure, but he is in the right place and I've no doubt that our wonderful NHS will do every they can for before releasing back into care in the community! Glad to learn that his post is being collected and taken in for him. Hopefully the update from the weekend Kim will have lifted his spirits at least. Thanks again, see you at Kidlington.

Comment

Update on Dave.....

Likewise chaps, and Dave, if you're reading this.....all my best wishes to you for a speedy recovery and hope you'll be back having fun with the lads very soon.

Keep the faith Dave and stay strong, there's a lot of people rooting for you in these parts.

Kind regards, as always.

Brian.

Comment

Just had a long chat with Dave involving taking down all the riders results for round 1. He said I am not yet experienced enough to handle the complex algorithms of the Greeves championship points system yet that will be a following lesson . In the meantime I am setting up a cloud based cray 3 app stolen from GCHQ to be able to calculate round 2 onwards points where Dave assures me "it gets real tough"
                        And the real point of this is to say that Dave was on form and is hoping to get out in next few days ! No positive diagnosis yet after his scan and
                        He will still be in Hospital care but with home visits
                        Great news after 5 long weeks in hospital

Comment

Great News Dave is Out

Hi All - Just spoken to Dave and great news he was released from Hospital last night and is at home. He will have home visits for intravenous medication for 4 weeks. He wanted to pass on thanks for all the calls, visits and wishes form the Greeves community

He is hoping to get to Maylandsea - assuming he can arrange the visits from Nursey at a convenient time.
                          Cheers Kim

Comment

Thanks Kim

Excellent news, Kim. Thanks for passing it on.
                            JR

Comment

That's made my Day

Thanks Kim.

I'm so pleased to hear Daves on the mend

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X