wanted exhaust for hawkstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted exhaust for hawkstone

I am in need of an exhaust for a 1961 hawkstone with a 32a engine. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Exhaust

Hi there, i am curently building a 58 Hawkstone, it is a bit of a hybrid and i had no exhaust whatsoever. I tried for a good while just to get a downpipe but with no success. A freind told me of a place called Clampco who are a car workshop tools supplier, what they also do is exhaust pipe in sections. I bought an 180 degree u bend, several bits of pipe all in stainless, got a silencer off e bay. I made an exhaust system quite easily although i did have the use of a cut off saw, i tacked it together using stainless wire on my std mig welder then took it to a local fabricators and got it all tig welded for 20 quid. The whole thing stands me at about 50 quid plus my time, probably a day and well worth the effort. Hope this was of help, stace.

Comment

megaphone exhaust

Can anyone help me? I'm searching for a megaphone exhaust as used in the late 50s on 9E Villiers comp bikes. Purely for display purposes, of course!
      If as I suspect there aren't any, the dimensions will do, or even a close up photo would be appreciated.

Cheers, Mike

Comment

Greeves Megaphone Exhaust Factory Drawings.

Hi Mike,

Back in 2013 I scanned and uploaded a full set of factory drawings on this thread; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=4137 There are also a couple of reference photographs included.

However, as it's posted in the 'GRA Member's Only'/'Help & Advice' area, in order to access them you'll need to be a GRA Member and get Rob to upgrade your forum status from 'Basic' to 'GRA Member'.

Hope this helps,

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 04/01/2017, 07:20 AM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike48 View Post
          Can anyone help me? I'm searching for a megaphone exhaust as used in the late 50s on 9E Villiers comp bikes. Purely for display purposes, of course!
          If as I suspect there aren't any, the dimensions will do, or even a close up photo would be appreciated.

Cheers, Mike
          Looks like this firm in the USofA may be able to supply new ones at around $239 (£195). Not cheap but a rusty one went for £155 on eBay recently

Comment

Tony's missing link....

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
            Looks like this firm in the USofA may be able to supply new ones at around $239 (£195).....
            ....did you forget to add the link to AMS Racing that Tony kindly posted for everyone John....?

New, Just Finished! Fits early Villiers MX bikes, or any 36A Villiers power plant. Repro pipe as mounted on our 1965 Dot Demon with a 36A motor. Re-manufactured Cow Bell Pipe, Blooey pipe, or Horn of Plenty Pipe. Perfect for your Dot, Demon, or Greeves MCS project! Ready for Paint or Chrome Shipping and Handling […]

(Incidently, $239 USD = £195 GBP or $328 AUD (approx.) at current exchange rates.)

Brian.
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 04/01/2017, 10:53 AM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
              ....did you forget to add the link to AMS Racing that Tony kindly posted for everyone John....?

New, Just Finished! Fits early Villiers MX bikes, or any 36A Villiers power plant. Repro pipe as mounted on our 1965 Dot Demon with a 36A motor. Re-manufactured Cow Bell Pipe, Blooey pipe, or Horn of Plenty Pipe. Perfect for your Dot, Demon, or Greeves MCS project! Ready for Paint or Chrome Shipping and Handling […]

(Incidently, $239 USD = £195 GBP or $328 AUD (approx.) at current exchange rates.)

Brian.
              Yep sorry, thats the one forgot to add it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                Yep sorry, thats the one forgot to add it.
                ....thought so....

Thanks for finding it in the first place Tony, and for providing the original link.

Brian.
                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 04/01/2017, 11:03 AM. Reason: Link to Tony's original post added.

Comment

Working...
                X