Fighting thorugh to a 3rd place in race 1 - great race vid Rich
    Cheers Kim
    Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
      Fighting thorugh to a 3rd place in race 1 - great race vid Rich
      Cheers Kim
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHtPrX3LVw
      Excellent video! One thing I am noticing watching these vintage MX races is that there is a LOT of sitting down compared to modern MX, just right for the aging rider like me

Comment

Good observation . You still need to stand on the quick bits and the jumps ..... But the tracks are more flowing and you naturally are in the seat more. When I ride my Yz250f on a practice track I do a lot less sitting .... But that is down to jumps and whoops etc Cheers Kim

Comment

Yes that makes sense. Unfortunately here in SoCal most of the tracks used for vintage MX are just vet tracks (for old farts on modern bikes) which still have a lot of jumps (mostly table tops though) and whoop sections that I would think will be a handful on the Greeves I love the look of those tracks you have in the UK, especially the ones that still have grass on them I grew up riding at Canada heights near Swanley in Kent so I've had my share of Brit MX Anyway keep posting the video's, hopefully i'll have some to post soon!

Comment

Nice one John look forward to seeing u out on a
            U would like Canada Heights now it is the best track to view MX anywhere n the world . They built jumps over 40ft containers so you can access all parts of track quickly as a spectator . I was there with a few of the Greeves boys 3 weeks ago for the British MX championships round

Comment

Great track

Kim thanks for posting the vid. Like Colin I whinced when seeing the 'Suicide Jockey' missed the 180 bend. Didn't pick it up 1st time but on replay I see his back wheel was locked up! he must have had his heart in his mouth plus several other internal organs thankfully no one was injured?

Good to see everyone had a great weekend for both days well done guys
              Punchy 336

Comment

This weekend sees round 6 of the championship taking place at Marks Tey with the largest field of the season set to take part. No doubt Gary Smith and Matt McCullock will be battling it out for honours along with Wayward Hayward, Rick Widdowson, Kim (BoB) Morley, Jos Goddard and Punchy's Pride. Regulars missing are Matt Valentine, Dave Watson and sadly Graeme Smith who suffered a heart attack just prior to last weekend. I understand his recovery is ongoing and he hopes to put in an appearance on the day, even if not aboard his Griffon. We wish him a full and speedy recovery.
                Julian Smith will be keen to add to his score aboard the 360 Challenger and cement his first place in this category. John Runnacles is making his seasonal debut to bolster the Hawkstone class while also Hawkstone mounted is John Asprey who is again making the long trip up from Dorset to take part.(Blimey, and I thought I was keen going all the way to Reading a couple of weeks ago. It's only about half the distance)
                Should be fun, here's to a great day's racing .

Comment

Best Wishes to Graeme for a speedy recovery

Most importantly we wish Graeme all the best - he is a tough cookie - so am sure will make a return soon ...

Adrian - there is a rider a contender in the lightweight division that is ready to pounce on the heavyweights if they aren't careful...and I think you know who i mean

Really looking forward to this one and hoping for a fast 380 layout .....no twisty bits biut I guess you are hoping for the opposite.

Going to be a cracker with that big entry - I can't wait !!!

Comment

Great to see Graeme doing well !

A cracking days racing at Marks Tey ... One off the slower tricky layouts created lots of action and boy do I have find good race footage which I will load tomorrow .... Jos Goddard has a new nickname thx to Wayward Hayward .... Jos "the Kid" Goddard 😀 fast and furious racing with Gary coming out on top with two wins and Matt McCulloch with 2 seconds .. Big turnout with a full start line

In the first race after Gary and Matt came Wayward , Ricky and then me and in the second points race - same first and second with me third followed by Jos "The Kid" Goddard.....has a nice ring to it : not sure after that , but Wayward .... had a big big off ... his bike gassed up over the second jump at the far end of the circuit and then suddenly hit the gas as he landed - Spitting him off in spectacular fashion - he made a reverie and got a decent finish !! I had a few moments in second race flew the jump too hard landed managed to hang in and lost my head lever and managed to come 3rd despite bring stuck in second gear !
                    Happy days 😃

And here is the Chesty Cam action from the first Open Race as a starter for 10 https://youtu.be/Fvg-6EdgOEA

and the first Championship points race

two mistakes form me and i go from 3rd to 5th - with Wayward and Ricky nipping past

And onto the final points race...... a Jump start and we are called back ......once Smithy gets his bike back (no reverse on a Greeves) we are off......Notice Matt pull up - he did back to backs and forgot the fuel tap. I overdo it on the middle line through the bog - fly further than I should on a Griffon - land with a bang and break off my gear lever.......stuck in 2nd gear for the whole race...after two laps Matt gets by - but I hang on for third - . Amazed the bike managed it in second - spoke to Alan Goddard and he was shouting at me to change up as my bike screamed past every lap ...maybe a new piston ring might be in order

Comment

Glad you enjoyed the day Kim, for sure I did too. Good to see Graeme in attendance, if not on the line. He told me it was the first time he'd had to cancel a ride in 55 years of racing. Respect!
                      Hope you'll excuse the layout but with such dry conditions of late and the circuit having been ridden twice this season we did our best to use as much of the green unused areas as possible while still allowing plenty of width for overtaking. Perhaps it played it's part with your second gear incident .
                      Well done for hanging on to that hard won third place. Hopefully Richard's off left him with no lasting effects .

The long start straight and first sweeping right hander should have suited the more powerful machines, providing you were brave enough to keep the throttle open long enough and wide enough . It was good to see the majority of us waiting for the flag to go up rather than pre-empting it .

Strangely, no one actually required first aid during the meeting, so obviously some of us just weren't trying hard enough .

Many thanks for posting the video's, I'll look forward to their content later this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
                        Glad you enjoyed the day Kim, for sure I did too. Good to see Graeme in attendance, if not on the line. He told me it was the first time he'd had to cancel a ride in 55 years of racing. Respect!
                        Hope you'll excuse the layout but with such dry conditions of late and the circuit having been ridden twice this season we did our best to use as much of the green unused areas as possible while still allowing plenty of width for overtaking. Perhaps it played it's part with your second gear incident .
                        Well done for hanging on to that hard won third place. Hopefully Richard's off left him with no lasting effects .

The long start straight and first sweeping right hander should have suited the more powerful machines, providing you were brave enough to keep the throttle open long enough and wide enough . It was good to see the majority of us waiting for the flag to go up rather than pre-empting it .

Strangely, no one actually required first aid during the meeting, so obviously some of us just weren't trying hard enough .

Many thanks for posting the video's, I'll look forward to their content later this afternoon.
                        Cheers Adrian - and thanks for helping organise a bumper meeting..... There was plenty of room and number 1 is we all had a safe day of fun ....Geoff Nunn was checking the starts and apart from the Smiffy special in second race which was called back - was happy ......aopols to whoever was at side of track in last race - as i clipped him with my shoulder on the way through - but no harm done ...as with my track re-landscaping efforts in the first points race

Should be getting the results from Dave later so will add to the thread. Cheers Kim

Comment

If my Broadband lasts long enough I'll put up some pics.....
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Brian Catt; 30/05/2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Awesome photos.Brian

Please post more ..... You captured the leap !! That Jump was tricky different ruts on entry gave very different angles on exit and the jump didn't line up with the track !!! That is a brilliant shot of Adrian "whipping" his hawkstone !! 👌👌

Comment

I'm having major problems loading pics! It took me 6 goes to get your one on, so I won't be doing any more until things improve!

Comment

Stylin' it up!

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                                Please post more ..... You captured the leap !! That Jump was tricky different ruts on entry gave very different angles on exit and the jump didn't line up with the track !!! That is a brilliant shot of Adrian "whipping" his hawkstone !! 👌👌
                                Spot on Kim, great shots Mr C! Plenty of style on display there from both riders, and as you say Kim, yet again a fine example of our Adrain () demonstrating how it's done...respect!

I know what you mean about broadband issues though Brian.....same here....

Thanks for the vids Kim, epic footage as always!!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                                X