Recommendations pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations pls

I have seen the following books on Amazon recently, and wonder if they are worth a read.
    Off Road Giants vol 2
    Legendary Motocross Bikes

There must be a "Off Road Giants vol 1", so I guess my enquiry would apply to that one as well.

Cheers,
    Mike

Off Road Giants! 1 & 2 are by Andy Westlake who is an established motorcycle journalist and a fan of our favourite marque. They are well written, well researched and well illustrated. Wherever possible they are based on personal interviews with the riders concerned. Many significant Greeves riders are featured. They are a good read and a useful reference. Recommended.

I guess there's a third volume on the way - I mean, he hasn't "done" Dave Bickers yet!

Don't know about the other one, haven't got it. Let us know what you think if you do buy it.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Recommendations pls.

Brilliant read both volumns.Great pictures also. Enjoy.

Comment

andrew weslake

Andy is a great photographer (featured our ariel hs and fathers cross cotton) i will ask him if i can pass on his email or if you let us know your and i can put him in touch hes a journalist for the CLASSIC BIKE AND FREELANCES.

GARY

Comment

Hi Mike48,
          Try these links from YouTube (Parts 1&2) from a book launch interview on Radio Devon, gives you a great idea what they contain.. enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g3QRwRxYGQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_DM4lZJGa8

Comment

andy says -

Hi Gary copies of volume two are available from me at £23.50 which includes postage, anyone wanting one can either phone me on 01364 644559 or post me a cheque, with their name and address - payable to A M Westlake - at 14 Chapel street, Buckfastleigh, Devon TQ11 0AB best wishes andy

gary gwillaM

Comment

Thanks, guys, helpful as usual!

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X