Speedo Drive Gears - East Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo Drive Gears - East Restoration

Herewith a letter from Liz East of East Restorations. Note no mention of the actual angle drive unit so assume he does not have any of these (I will ask)

For the attention of: Mr John Wakefield -
    Greeves Riders Club

Dear John

Further to our telephne conversation (24 November 2015), East Restorations still have 10 pairs of each type available, from the Batch you referred too. Although the business is back fully-functional, as yet, there is no date for further Batches!
    Colin is more than happy for you to display the following on the Club's Website -

SPEEDOMETER DRIVE GEARS for GREEVES

44 Tooth/20DP x 1 7/8" 26 TPI left-hand Hub Gear ............................ PRICE: £ 50.00
    (including postage within UK)

14 Tooth/20DP Planetary Gear with silver steel pin .............................. PRICE: £ 20.00
    (including postage within UK)

East Restorations accept various methods of payment but please note:
    CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS - please ADD 3% tariff charge to TOTAL

Any Orders/payments, to be sent direct to East Restorations, address below.

Huge apologies for the inconvenience to Yourself/Club members in trying to contact Colin!
    As you can imagine, the impact of surgery complications/subsequent temporary closure has majorily affected all aspects! Colin's time is in the Workshop, leaving me to administration/answering telephones which I am not lable to do on a daily basis.

Please thank your Members for their interest shown and we will be happy to oblige!

All the Very Best to You/Club for 2016.

Liz and Colin East

East Restorations 63 High Street Navenby LN5 0ET Lincolnshire England: 01522 810029/FAX: 811975
    email: eastrestorations@btconnect.com
    By Appointment ONLY: Monday-Wednesday: 8.30am-9.0pm Thursday/Friday: 8.30am-9.0pm
    CLOSED: WEEKENDS/BANK HOLIDAYS
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 26/11/2015, 05:55 PM.

only one drive available added

Have had a second email, Colin East CAN supply the short reach (for tin hubs) gearbox & cable see below

1 - Smiths' right-hand, short-reach, right-angle 3:2 Gearbox, complete with Locknut and Spring Washer ....................... £ 82.00 (including Postage)

1 - Speedometer Drive Cable, including Spade Drive .................................................. ............................................. £ 16.00 (including Postage)
    (Please state length/type of Speedometer being used ie: 'D' type or 60mm diameter)

The ABOVE PRICES are VALID for 2 WEEKS from TODAY'S DATE, NO VAT CHARGED

NOTE: Colin only has one speedo drive available
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 19/12/2015, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Pleased to report that Colin East is still in business and can service/repair the speedo drive gearboxes for tin hubs. Picked mine up yesterday. Colin transferred my gearbox internals into an exchange casing as the thread on mine had been damaged/butchered. Also supplied new cable and spade drive.

Interesting chap to talk to, he has done work for local Greeves owners (Lincoln area) in the past and has the facilities to change the leading link bushes and mill the slots in the inner sleeves. He also mentioned that he has a quantity of Villiers spares including stuff for Villiers carbs.

Hope this might help somebody.
      Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Re Colin east

Hi can you tell me where Colin is in the lincoln area or contact details .cheers john

Comment

Originally posted by T6xc View Post
          Hi can you tell me where Colin is in the lincoln area or contact details .cheers john
          This his his web site which gives contact details
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 19/03/2018, 10:18 PM.

Comment

He's in Navenby ,T6xc, on the main road (No.63) before the fork off to Cranwell.
            Best to ring him first if you want to go and see him.
            Last edited by 350biker; 19/03/2018, 10:20 PM.
            Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Cheers for that good to know he’s not far away

Comment

Working...
              X