Evening all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all.

Hi, been lurking around for a while thought I had better come aboard.
    Been a Greeves fan for years since, I had my first one at the tender age of 14
    Also remember watching all the Greeves scramblers & riders of the late sixties.
    My current collection is a TFS (restored), MX3 (in bits undergoing a fefurb), a Hagon Challenger (grasser complete & original) and last but not least a Pathfinder all there needs tidying.
    I also love speedway bikes got a J.A.P and a sixties Jawa.

Pleasure to be amongst like minded folk and I hope to enjoy your company and hope to learn from the vast amount of knowledge that is plainly obviously here in abundance.

Colin
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/10/2010, 10:15 AM. Reason: Title edit removed and post unchanged, due to new dedicated thread on Grasstrack Bikes started in 'General Greeves Chat'. See post #10 in this thread for link.

Welcome aboard Cray!

Hi Colin, and a very warm welcome to the forum-great to have you aboard!

It's always a pleasure to say hi to a fellow Greeves enthusiast, and I'm sure you'll have some cool contributions to make yourself by the sound of it!

Look forward to hearing more about your bikes (they sound interesting!) and hopefully seeing some pics in due course as well. My mate Dicky has a Greeves/Hagon grasstracker would you believe! Can't be many of them around, and your bike looks the biz by the way!

Let me know if you need any help finding your way around etc.

Enjoy the forum!

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 21/07/2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I'm aboard

Thanks for your warm welcome Brian.
      I will get some pics up soon.
      I've a few issues with the laptop at the moment and a man is due to visit tomorrow with a view to changing my Hard drive, so it may be a day or so before I can some pics loaded.
      Can't see this new fangled technology catching on myself!!

Colin

Comment

Ha ha! Nice one Colin.

Hope you get the infernal machine sorted ok. Time was all you needed to do was put another 50p in the meter......!

No worries, we all speak 'Whitworth' on here!

Good to have you with us and look forward to seeing your pics.

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 22/07/2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
          Time was all you needed to do was put another 50p in the meter......!
          Wot's a 50p? We all use shillings around here...
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

The Money Show.

Soz mate! I'd forgotten that 'metrifikation' wouldn't have reached your parts yet...!

For info, it is a coin, pentagonal in shape, roughly equivalent in value to a tanner, half an 'appeny and a 9/16" (stainless) thrust washer.

I have also recently discovered it is also the National Minimum Wage in Stratford....

Skint (and off topic!), of Tiddington.

(Can you ask Peter R to send the VET round to me as well after your appointment, for 'moderation' purposes?! )
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 23/07/2010, 11:27 AM. Reason: I spelt something right and had to change it!

Comment

Cray

Hi there Cray from Oxford, nice to read your profile and the mention of the Hagon Greeves, I also have one and I am not sure about the correct age of it.

I look forward to see the pictures in due course, I am a bit of a plonker using the internet system but will persevear and maybe put on some picks of mine if I can sort it sometime.

Anyway, Brian does a grand job as the moderator and he can point most people in the right direction to find out what they want.

cheers Dick Faggetter

Comment

Hiya Dicky mate!

I've got a few nice pics of your Grasstracker from Battlesbridge 2009 which I could attach to this thread if you'd like, with pleasure. Just let me know it'd be ok and I'll post 'em up.

Thanks very much for your kind words bud (will the usual fee be ok?! ), but hey let's not forget the rest of the team, especially my fellow spam squashers Mike ('Terminator') Eady and Colin ('Killer') Sparrow, and of course Rob and Ian, without whom we wouldn't have this great resource in the first place.

Hope you and Jo had a good time in Crete mate!

Brian.

Comment

I am VERY impressed that Dangerous Dick has accessed the forum!!
                  One power unit in meltdown and a nasty virus later, he is back!

Let's get some pictures of the grass-cutter on here and see if anymore info comes out of the woodwork.

Cheers, Mainwaring

Comment

Starting a new 'dedicated' thread for Greeves Grasstrack Bikes.

Will do Cap'n!

I reckon I'll start a new dedicated thread for this topic as it's developing, and in the hope of further posts etc.

See here; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...=3946#post3946

Pike.

Comment

Working...
                    X