chris goodfellow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris goodfellow.

With ref to l/link article regarding a suitable memorial to chris, prehaps, as chris was first & formost in the comp side of greeves, it may be a fitting tribute to hold an event after him.
    A chris goodfellow memorial trial/scramble race, it does not have to be a separate event, but possibly as part of something that is already in place.
    May be dave harper can incorparate a trophy race in his series, or the trials boys in there events.
    Better than a plaque or the like, & if its annual, then what better way of carrying chis`s name on, just my thoughts.

I like this idea, but then I would

It's a year to the day today, life moves on but the memories will last forever.

I'm sure dad is looking down cursing under his breath and making sarcastic comments as was his want.

Comment

Talking of dear old Chris, I have just made use of his Anglian register. He had recorded a bike a friend of mine has just bought locally. The bike (a US import) was located just over a mile from here and I didn't know about it.

It would be great to add more bikes to it and try and build an 'Export Model Register' which is what Chris had started doing.

I'm sure we will get there in the end.

Comment

Just so folks know, the Committee has decided to try running with Dave's suggestion of a GRA-sponsored memorial race. Just need to talk to Dave Harper about it.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
          Just so folks know, the Committee has decided to try running with Dave's suggestion of a GRA-sponsored memorial race. Just need to talk to Dave Harper about it.
          Great idea Colin. I am very happy with that. I met Chris and had a great respect for his knowledge and help with Greeves matters.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Talking of dear old Chris, I have just made use of his Anglian register. He had recorded a bike a friend of mine has just bought locally. The bike (a US import) was located just over a mile from here and I didn't know about it.

It would be great to add more bikes to it and try and build an 'Export Model Register' which is what Chris had started doing.

I'm sure we will get there in the end.
            Hi Rob. I helped Chris with the Anglian USA imports sold through Nicholson Motors. We have files of sales only through the Nicholson dealership. All the import records were burned by Nick, so we have no information regarding resale of Greeves to dealers. I found nothing from Frank Conley's files regarding imports from Randy Wilson or Jeckel Industries.

The files are listed under the buyers name, not model numbers. It takes awhile to sort for any particular model. Hopefully Kathy and I can take the time and enter the information in our database. We're still sorting parts from Frank which we're getting close to finishing.

Regards,
            Kenny Sykes

Comment

OK Kenny and thanks. Looks like we are not having much luck with the export/import records as they all seem to have been destroyed. I obtained Chris's work from his family with a view to carrying it on.

A neighbour has just bought TJSC113 and this features on the record as 're-imported' so Chris must have come across that in the past.

Any help from your side is always appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                OK Kenny and thanks. Looks like we are not having much luck with the export/import records as they all seem to have been destroyed. I obtained Chris's work from his family with a view to carrying it on.

A neighbour has just bought TJSC113 and this features on the record as 're-imported' so Chris must have come across that in the past.

Any help from your side is always appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob
                I'll try my best to help out Rob.

Regards,
                Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                  Now talked to Dave Harper. He is very positive about the idea. We'll work up the details and check with the family before the season starts.
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Chris Goodfellow pics.

While I was going through my picture files today uploading other stuff on here, I remembered I had these scanned pics from a long while ago and thought I'd post them on here for everyone to see.

Never forgotton.....we miss you mate.

Brian.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 06/02/2015, 03:07 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                      While I was going through my picture files today uploading other stuff on here, I remembered I had these scanned pics from a long while ago and thought I'd post them on here for everyone to see.

Never forgotton.....we miss you mate.

Brian.
                      Thanks for those Brian, it reminded me that there are very few pictures of Chris on here.

As you say, never forgotten.

Cheers,
                      Andrew

Comment

Chris Goodfellow's 'Comp Shop' Article from 'LL' #20 and #21 - Post #1 of 2..

Back in the early days of the club, Chris Goodfellow penned this excellent article for 'Leading Link', giving a rare insight into the 'inner sanctum' of the Greeves Competition Department from his days working there.

I decided it was only fitting to scan and upload it here, rather than the 'members only' area, particularly in the hope that his family will be able to read it as well. I hope that Greeves enthusiasts everywhere as well as GRA members will enjoy his words and pics, especially those who haven't seen his article before. Readers will note that this article is the source of the pics I uploaded earlier in this thread, repeated here in their full context.

Chris's article was originally published in two parts, so I will post it over the next two posts accordingly. The final two pics (group pic 4 and it's caption, pic 5) were originally published on the cover of 'LL' #20 by Andrew King, in which 'Part 1' of Chris's article appeared, with 'Part 2' appearing in 'LL' #21.

Thank you Chris.

Brian.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 07/03/2015, 07:46 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Chris Goodfellow's 'Comp Shop' Article from 'LL' #20 and #21 - Post #2 of 2.

Here's is the remainder of Chris's wonderful article, which gives me great pleasure to share here with everyone.

Aren't we lucky, having true insights like this.....the 'real deal' from the man himself. I also hope it will help newer members appreciate who Chris was and why he is so highly regarded in the Greeves community and always will be, and why he is so sorely missed....

Brian.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 07/03/2015, 04:10 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

What a great insight into the glamour of a mechanic in the comp shop...terrific...

Comment

Great thread. More of the same please.

Comment

Working...
                              X