Magazine article posting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine article posting.

Any member wishing to post historical magazine articles may wish to use my services to enhance their contribution. Most old magazine articles become brown and a bit shabby, but I can take the colour cast out and usually make the post a better read. I can also do this to photograph files if required. I can modify photos to an extent, but will not alter the subject matter to falsify it.
    Sample shown is Simon Cheney.
    Attached Files

What, like this you mean....?

Brian,

Thank you for your kind and supportive offer of help.

As I tend to post a lot of the old magazine articles scans you mention, I assume I am one of the members to whom you are extending your assistance.

Speaking for myself, as a City & Guilds qualified (with distinction-I came top of my class) ex graphic designer and printer in another life, and for many years, (producing full colour process work, all the way through from creating original artwork and layouts, to camera/darkroom work, film development and colour separation, plate making, paper/substrate specification and handling, machine printing and print finishing...I did everything...), I can only apologise unreservedly for the poor quality of my humble efforts, and thank you once again for your cordial words of encouragement.

I attach two new scans for your consideration, the second of which I hope will meet with your exacting standards. It has been cropped and enhanced for brightness, contrast, saturation, shadows, midtones, highlights and sharpness. The reason that more of my work is not like this is generally because of time constraints (I'm still a working bloke) and wishing, in some cases, to get the info posted as quickly as possible to help a fellow member, as well as trying to keep file sizes to a manageable level so as not to use up all of my forum allowance-the higher the quality, the bigger the file size. Of course, many members will have the ability to download any images and apply any enhancements they see fit for themselves, such are the wonders of the digital age we live in. Other members less IT capable will often send me a PM and I have been very pleased and happy to supply higher quality images via email, if required, and on numerous occasions.

I can only hope that I have not hampered any forum members viewing pleasure with my poor quality and slap dash approach, but to be honest, right now I question why I bother at all....

Brian T.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 16/12/2013, 02:56 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Silicon Chips, pt 2.

Brian,

If you think my stuff is bad, I found this elswhere on the forum....

I managed to eat the chips (bit too much vineger for me though...), but the grease stains and creases are a nightmare...not to mention the carpet....

Looks like you might have your first customer.....

Brian T.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have identified the main problem...that is not a carpet in the background, but a particular type of tablecloth. Any person seeing fit to place Greeves literature on such a place may expect to get chips, ketchup and vinegar on it. I flatly refuse to be party to bending the true facts of such a heinous crime!

Comment

Working...
        X