Pathfinder Enduro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder Enduro

I have just started work on my Pathfinder Enduro and thought this project may be of interest to fellow enthusiasts. I know that the Pathfinder was never a great success for Greeves, but I really like them, particularly in Enduro form for which the 6 speed Puch 175 engine is well suited.
    This example has a V5c and it is my intention to prepare it for an MOT with light road / trail use in mind.
    At present the machine is stripped down as per the photos. I am almost ready to have the frame, swing arm, foot pegs,chain guide & side stand painted with 2 pack. Deciding on which shade of green is difficult and any advice on the subject would be most welcome. From various pictures on the net the shade seems to be a mid green apart from the headlamp shell which is black & the tail lamp housing, headlamp ears & fork yokes which are silver.
    I was lucky to source Pathfinder tank badges fom the GRA and I am tempted to use the green background on these as a shade guide.
    It is my intention to keep the bike as original as possible. My only proposed deviation is in replacing the old electrics with a modern system with 12V output for the lights.More updates with pictures to follow as the project proceeds. (progress could be slow due to time constraints & other bike projects running simultaneously).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveM; 05/04/2012, 09:21 PM. Reason: Problems uploading photos

Pathfinder Enduro.

Hi Steve,

I've attached a factory shot of the Pathfinder Enduro for reference.

Hope it's of use to you.

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 05/04/2012, 09:45 PM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

Pathfinder Enduro

Brian the one in your pic is the standard one day trials Pathfinder. The Enduro is like this one with lights, large seat etc. Not a good example but the best pic I could find on Google

Comment

Pathfinder Enduro.

Thanks for the correction John, it was the high front mudguard that threw me! In most pics I've seen the trials bike had the low mounted front mudguard, but as you say, the seat is the givaway. I'll be the first to admit I don't know that much about these models-my primary area of interest is in the Scottish trials models (and I wouldn't consider myself in any way an 'expert'!)

Here's another couple of pics I have of an Enduro model then (I think you may have posted the second one on here already John, but this may be a bigger/clearer copy), along with a pic of a page from the factory Pathfinder catalogue which shows the trials model (with low front mudguard) for comparison.

Anyway Steve, hope this material is of help.

Brian.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 05/04/2012, 11:25 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
          Thanks for the correction John, it was the high front mudguard that threw me! In most pics I've seen the trials bike had the low mounted front mudguard, but as you say, the seat is the givaway. I'll be the first to admit I don't know that much about these models-my primary area of interest is in the Scottish trials models (and I wouldn't consider myself in any way an 'expert'!)

Here's another couple of pics I have of an Enduro model then (I think you may have posted the second one on here already John, but this may be a bigger/clearer copy), along with a pic of a page from the factory Pathfinder catalogue which shows the trials model (with low front mudguard) for comparison.

Anyway Steve, hope this material is of help.

Brian.
          Hi Brian,

I have a factory photo from the Nicholson archives I'll scan and post for all.

Kenny

Comment

Hiya Kenny!

Thanks mate, that'd be great.

Brian.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I've attached a factory shot of the Pathfinder Enduro for reference.

Hope it's of use to you.

Brian.
              Here you go on the Pathfinder Enduro.

Kenny
              Attached Files

Comment

Pathfinder Enduro.

Thanks Kenny.

Actually, when you look at the enduro model, there are other glaring differences to the trial model as well as the seat, the lights for one!

This is very useful indeed Kenny, and clarifies something we've grappled with before on here-another peice of the jigsaw falls into place!

Brian.

Comment

Thanks Kenny.

Actually, when you look at the enduro model, there are other glaring differences to the trial model as well as the seat, the lights for one!

This is very useful indeed Kenny, and clarifies something we've grappled with before on here-another peice of the jigsaw falls into place!

Brian.
                  Whatever I can do to help Brian. Just happened to have the photo nearby in my Pathfinder spare parts list manual, as I was looking up part numbers for Rob for another Pathfinder inquiry.

Kenny

Comment

Gra usa!

Originally posted by Bearingman View Post
                    Whatever I can do to help Brian. Just happened to have the photo nearby in my Pathfinder spare parts list manual, as I was looking up part numbers for Rob for another Pathfinder inquiry.

Kenny
                    We're lucky to have you on board Kenny, and thanks for all you do for us.

Brian.

Comment

Dave Pink's Pathfinder Trials Model.

For reference and comparison, have a look at the pics I posted on this thread, of Dave Pink's Pathfinder trials model; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...0538#post10538

Brian.

Comment

We're lucky to have you on board Kenny, and thanks for all you do for us.

Brian.
                        Thank you Brian. It has been fun.

Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Bearingman View Post
                          Thank you Brian. It has been fun.

Kenny
                          That is what it's all about.

Right, I guess we'd better let poor Steve have his thread back now.....!

Brian.

Comment

Many thanks to Brian, John & Kenny for the prompt & informative replies.
                            Kenny's photo is particulary interesting.
                            I have attached photos of two of my other Pathfinders.
                            I purchased the Trials version from Chris Cobb ( Derry Preston-Cobb's nephew ) on the Isle of Wight. Chris described the bike as probably having original paint - but I think it may have been repainted. Either way it is a lovely bike which is now road legal and used regularly.
                            The other Pathfinder is painted British Racing Green which I now regret - but it seemed a good idea at the time!

Steve
                            Attached Files

Comment

Pathfinder electrics

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                              My only proposed deviation is in replacing the old electrics with a modern system with 12V output for the lights.More updates with pictures to follow as the project proceeds. (progress could be slow due to time constraints & other bike projects running simultaneously).
                              Steve if you are going to ride the bike particularly on the road I think you are right to update the electrics, particularly the lighting side which if my memory serves me right only gives out 18 watt to the headlight. (moped wattage). Maybe good enough to get through scrutineering for ISDT/Enduros but absolutely useless at night on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X